Deadline of this Job:
Friday 20 July 2018.
The Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Rwanda (iCPAR) was established under law number 11/2008 of 06/05/2008 to regulate the accounting profession in Rwanda. The Institute has a new strategic plan 2017 - 2021 which aims to boost the number of professional accountants in the country. iCPAR announces the following positions which will support the implementation of its five year strategic plan.
The Examinations Manager is a key person in the Education Development Services department, a member of management team of the department and leading iCPAR’s Examinations Unit to achieve its critical goal of ensuring high quality exams.
The following are key roles of an Examinations Manager at the Institute;
- Organize and conduct recruitment process of examinations team such as examinations officers, markers, examinations setters, moderators, reviewers, invigilators and other examinations support staff;
- Supervise daily examinations activities including setting of examinations papers, conduct examinations, marking and other examinations related activities;
- Set examinations center standards with regards to iCPAR and IFAC standards;
- Establish an examinations conducive environment and ensure the security of exams;
- Manage and develop a highly motivated and professional team of examinations staff;
- Organize and conduct capacity building workshops for examinations setters, moderators and other staff involved in examinations process;
- Develop and keep updating an appropriate examinations framework in line with professional standards;
- Develop and manage computer based examinations in line with iCPAR vision;
- Ensure examinations papers are set up to standard as per respective syllabuses;
- Ensure examinations bank is regularly updated;
- Develop and review examinations policies, rules and regulations, exemption policies and other examinations related policies;
- Ensure examination papers, scripts and marking are held securely and results are published in a timely manner, and complaints are handled appropriately;
- Work closely with the Director of Education Development Services and Qualifications Manager to develop a high performing team providing effective corporate leadership leading to the overall objective of the institute;
- Work closely with Qualifications Manager and the rest of education team to support increased enrollment of students;
- Perform any other assigned duty.
This person specification will be used in short listing and interviewing to select the best candidate. Each applicant should, therefore, address the person specification in his/her written application and where appropriate you should give examples of how you meet the criteria. Please note: E is essential and D is desirable.
- Professional certification like CPA, ACCA or any other equivalent qualification with substantial relevant experience and Member of a professional body in good standing
- Master’s level in Finance, economics, Business, Project Management, Curriculum Development or other related academic qualifications with at least a minimum of Three years of experience in Examinations Management, examinations setting, Examinations Marking, professional qualifications Design, curricula and learning materials design
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, economics, Business, Project Management, Curriculum Development or other related academic qualifications with at least minimum of five years of experience in Examinations Management, professional qualifications, curricula and learning materials design
- Demonstrates a high order of literacy, numeracy and analytical skills
- Advanced knowledge of the accountancy profession in Rwanda
- A relevant administrative qualification or evidence of formal training
- Experience in examinations management responsibilities ranging from initial preparations, setting, marking and results processing and publication or education in accountancy or any other closely related field
- A sound background knowledge of administrative systems and an ability to create systematic procedure that support delivery
- At least three years of teaching experience
- Experience in Students Management
Knowledge, Skills and Attitude
- Proficiency in working with standard office applications such as MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to prioritize, multitask and meet deadlines
- Ability to manage own workload
- The ability to operate a computerized administrative system / database produce reports from this database
- Ability to manage own workload and flexible
- The ability to recognize and appreciate the confidential nature of some work Undertaken
- Ability to deal with a large volume administrative system whilst maintaining excellent attention to detail
- A high level of interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of people including students, teachers, tutors, trainers support staff and other government institutions
- High level of literacy and communication skills
- Evidence of commitment to Educational Development services
- Positive and Enthusiastic
- Flexibility and a readiness to undertake a wide range of tasks
- Smart in appearance and manner
- Ability to work outside normal office hours on occasions
- A willingness to show flexibility in working arrangements in terms of duties and working patterns to meet emergencies and changes circumstances
- Committed to Equality and Diversity
- Demonstrates professional integrity, self-confidence and confidentiality
- Key member of Education Development Services Department (EDS)
- Report to the Director of Education Development Services.
- Regular communications with all stakeholders.
- Competitive salary
- Our relentless commitment to personal development and career growth
- Working with the best people to build a strong, relevant and sustainable accountancy profession that is at the heart of national development
Job application procedure
The above mentioned positions are Managerial posts requiring a strong educational underpinning, a track record of achievement in developing people, delivering change and meeting demanding targets.
Interested applicants should send their applications together with their CVs, giving full details of their age, qualifications, experience, present and expected remuneration, full contact details including day time telephone number, to:
firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 20 July 2018.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Preference will be given to Rwandan Nationals.