Deadline of this Job:
Friday 20 July 2018.
The Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Rwanda (iCPAR) was established under law number 11/2008 of 06/05/2008 to regulate the accounting profession in Rwanda. The Institute has a new strategic plan 2017 - 2021 which aims to boost the number of professional accountants in the country. iCPAR announces the following positions which will support the implementation
Qualifications and Curriculum Manager is a key person in Education Development Services department, reporting to the Director of Education Development Services and is a member of management team of the department. The role is to provide organizational, managerial and leadership, coordinate the work of the unit and more generally facilitate the regular monitoring, review and delivery of curriculum/syllabus for the various iCPAR qualifications in line with IFAC SMO 2.
The following are key functions of Qualification and Curriculum Manager at the Institute;
- Develop and update iCPAR professional qualifications• Monitor and evaluate the implementation of iCPAR qualifications;
- Promote iCPAR qualifications to public and private stakeholders;
- Follow up the integration and implementation of iCPAR qualifications in TVET institutions, Colleges and Universities;
- Collaborate with other PAOs in order to adequately align our qualifications with regional and international markets;
- Develop and manage Accreditation Framework for the tuition providers offering iCPAR qualifications;
- Conduct tuition quality audit for iCPAR qualifications delivery;
- Conduct Accreditation and Quality Assurance (AQA) for standalone tuition providers, Universities and other Training centers accredited to deliver iCPAR qualifications;
- Provide adequate, relevant and timely support to tuition providers as far as qualifications, syllabus and learning materials design and implementation is concerned;
- Keep track on industry changes to inform relevant and required updates on existing qualifications or a need for new qualifications design;
- Ensure learning materials are developed and regularly updated in line with iCPAR requirements;
- Work closely with Examinations Manager to ensure exams are set in line with iCPAR current syllabuses;
- Work collaboratively with other departments of the institute;
- Perform any other assigned duty.
This person specification will be used in short listing and interviewing to select the best candidate. Each applicant should, therefore, address the person specification in his/her written application and where appropriate you should give examples of how you meet the requirements. Please note: E is essential and D is desirable.
- Professional certification such as CPA or ACCA with adequate experience in curriculum design or qualifications design is an added value and a member of a professional body in good standing (D)
- Master’s level in Finance, Economics, Business, Project Management, Curriculum and Instructions or other related academic qualifications with at least three years of experience in professional qualifications, curricula and learning materials design (E)
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Business, Project Management, Curriculum and Instructions or other related academic qualifications with at least five years of experience in professional qualifications, curricula and learning materials design (E)
- Demonstrates a high order of literacy, numeracy and analytical skills (D)
- Member of a professional body in good standing (D)
- Advanced knowledge of the accountancy profession including qualifications and challenges prevalent in Rwanda (E)
- A relevant administrative qualification or evidence of formal training (D)
- Experience in qualifications, curricula, learning materials design, monitoring and evaluation of trainings preferably for professional courses including accountancy profession related courses (E)
- A sound background knowledge of administrative systems and an ability to create systematic procedure that support delivery (E)
- At least three years of teaching experience preferably in accountancy related field (E)
2.3.3. Knowledge, Skills and Attitudes
- Proficiency working with standard office applications such as MS Word, Excel and Outlook (E)
- Excellent organizational and time management skills (E)
- The ability to operate a computerized database and produce reports from it (E)
- Ability to prioritize and multitask and meet deadlines (E)
- Ability to manage own workload (E)
- The ability to maintain quality and organizational procedures (E)
- The ability to recognize and appreciate the confidential nature of work undertaken (E)
- Ability to deal with a large volume of administrative system whilst maintaining, excellent attention to detail (E)
- A high level of interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of people including students, teachers, tutors, trainers support staff and other government institutions (E)
- High level of literacy and communication skills (E)
- Evidence of commitment to Educational Development services (E)
- Positive and Enthusiastic (E)
- Flexibility and a readiness to undertake a wide range of tasks (E)
- Smart in appearance and manner (E)
- Ability to work outside normal office hours on occasions (E)
- A willingness to show flexibility in working arrangements in terms of duties and working patterns to meet emergencies and changes circumstances (E)
- Committed to Equality and Diversity (E)
- Demonstrates professional integrity, self-confidence and confidentiality (E)
2.4. Working Relationships:
- Key member of Education Development Services Department (EDS);
- Report to the Director of Education Development Services;
- Regular communications with all stakeholders.
- Competitive salary
- Our relentless commitment to personal development and career growth
- Working with the best people to build a strong, relevant and sustainable accountancy profession that is at the heart of national development
Job application procedure
The above mentioned positions are Managerial posts requiring a strong educational underpinning, a track record of achievement in developing people, delivering change and meeting demanding targets.
Interested applicants should send their applications together with their CVs, giving full details of their age, qualifications, experience, present and expected remuneration, full contact details including day time telephone number, to:
email@example.com by Friday 20 July 2018.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Preference will be given to Rwandan Nationals.