Vacancy title: 2 Inspector-Prudential Supervision (Pensions)[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Financial Services , Category: Admin & Office ]
Jobs at:Pensions and Insurance Authority (PIA)
Deadline of this Job:
31 January 2023
Date Posted: Tuesday, January 24, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Pensions and Insurance Authority (PIA) is the regulatory and supervisory authority for the pensions and insurance industries in Zambia as provided for in the Pensions Scheme Regulations Act No.28 of 1996 (as amended) and the Insurance Act No. 38 of 2021 (as amended). The Authority supervises and regulates entities operating in the pensions and insurance market. These include, among others; insurance companies. Reinsurance companies, insurance intermediaries, pension schemes, fund managers and fund administrators.
Reporting to the Manager-Prudential Supervision (Pensions Supervision), the Inspector Prudential Supervision will be responsible for risk analysis, assessments and inspections of regulated pension schemes/funds and related entities in order to enhance compliance to the Pension Scheme Regulation Act and sound financial and business practices.
• Compiles lists of overdue statutory retums and advises the Manager accordingly.
• Prepares pre-inspection and risk analysis reports for assigned regulated entities so that the risk profile and inspection plan can be agreed with supervisor.
• Conducts prudential routine and targeted inspections of assigned regulated entities, collecting data and inspecting financial records and other data/information of the business to determine risks and their continued viability as well as ability to service clients adequately.
• Drafts inspection reports that highlights whether or not inspected entities are adhering to legal provisions, regulations and set standards and develops recommendations to the Manager-Prudential Supervision for action where necessary.
• Processes received applications for registration by ensuring that information and documentation are complete and that applicants meet the minimum registration requirement for the type of schemes set by the Authority in accordance with the provisions of the Pension Scheme Regulation Act before forwarding them to supervisor with recommendations.
• Reviews inspection procedures so that they can be kept up-to-date with industry best practices and developments to ensure uniform treatment of supervised entities.
• Full Grade 12 certificate with credit or better in Mathematics and English. Degree in either Accounting/Business Administration or full professional accountancy qualification such as ACCA/CIMA/ZICA.
• Masters programme will be an added advantage.
• 3 years' relevant experience in audit or financial sector, preferably 2 years in a related industry.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Professional Certificate
Job application procedure
To apply, please email the cover letter, curriculum vitae, copies of Grade 12 certificate, degree and other professional qualifications as a single PDF file named First. Surname Inspector.pdf to: email@example.com
Alternatively, applications with copies of certificates and curriculum vitae can be sent to the address below.
Human Resources and Administration Manager Pension and Insurance Authority
Stand No. 4618
Lubwa road, Rhodespark
P/Bag 30x Ridgeway
The closing date for applications is Tuesday, 31 January, 2023 at 17:00 hours. Please note that only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted
The Pensions and Insurance Authority is an "equal opportunity employer". therefore qualified candidates are encouraged to apply irrespective of gender, religious and ethnic background. Any form of canvassing/lobbying will disqualify an applicant.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.