3 Administrative Officers
Jobs at:The Copperbelt University
Deadline of this Job:
30 March 2022
Date Posted: Friday, March 25, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Copperbelt University is a Public University established through an Act of Parliament No. 19 of 1987. The University’s core business is Teaching, Research and Community Engagement as a service to the nation. The University is an equal opportunity employer and hereby invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced candidates for appointment to fill in the following positions under the Registrar’s Department as listed below:
Administrative Officers (03 Positions)
To perform various administrative tasks and coordinate daily activities in the unit.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• Assists in the supervision and coordination of work for clerical staff in the unit.
• Performs secretarial duties to designated committees in the unit.
• Assists in the maintenance of staff welfare matters within the designated unit.
• Assists in the maintenance of the staff establishment in the unit.
• Receives and maintains an inventory of equipment in the unit.
• Purchases stationery and other office equipment in liaison with the Procurement Office.
• Prepares documentation and other requirements for meetings.
• Arranges transport for staff as the need arises.
• Participates in the preparation of the departmental budget and reports on staff welfare.
• Performs any other job-related duties that may be assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Grade 12 Certificate with a minimum of 5 ‘O’ levels with credit or better in English and Mathematics.
• A minimum of a Diploma in Human Resource Management, Business Administration or Public Administration.
• A minimum of three (03) years of working experience.
• Must be a member of the Zambia Institute of Human Resource Management (ZIHRM).
Knowledge and Skills
• A self-motivated person.
• Must possess excellent written and communication skills
• Good interpersonal skills to interact with both staff and students.
• Ability to work confidently with Microsoft Office.
Immediate Supervisor: Assistant Registrar
Salary Scale: PSS 06
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: High School
Job application procedure
Interested applicants meeting the above specifications should submit a detailed Curriculum Vitae, certified copies of Academic and Professional Certificates and three (03) names of referees, two (02) of whom must be Professionally acquainted with the applicant.
The applications in hard copies should be submitted to the undersigned not later than Friday 8th April 2022 or soft copies (as a single document) to email@example.com
The Copperbelt University
Plot 4692, Jambo Drive, Riverside
P O Box 21692
NOTE: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.