4 Library Assistant
Jobs at:University of Zambia
Deadline of this Job:
27 January 2022
Date Posted: Friday, January 21, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
4 Library Assistant
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the following positions in the University Library at the University of Zambia on short-term basis of six (6) months.
PUROPSE: Responsible for providing various library services, including organization and arrangement of stock.
• Preparing work plans and initiating the formulation of relevant policies and procedures to enhance library operations in the institute;
• Assisting with the collection development by way of book selection;
• Assisting in preparing and processing of exchange materials of journals;
• Contributing to the development of library policy documents through sectional meetings;
• Participating in building and management of the integrated library management system;
• Contributing to the University’s electronic resources, in particular assisting in the scanning of documents;
• Processing books for reservations;
• Providing basic IT support and also ensuring access to electronic resources to users;
• Processing of University IDs;
• Charging and discharging of library materials;
• Answering basic library queries;
• Carrying out user registration and user education exercises;
• Carrying out awareness activities pertaining to library resources in order to assist end users appropriately;
• Shelving and shelf reading of library materials;
• Assisting in checking and maintain course reading lists and bibliographies;
• Retrospective subject indexing of library materials;
• Assisting in the process of stock weeding;
• Entering data such as fines and billing information into the integrated library management system and generates reports and notices; and
• Generating relevant performance reports such as quarterly and annual reports.
• Grade 12 School Certificate;
• Diploma in Library and Information Studies;
• At least (2) years relevant work experience;
• Must be ICT literate;
• Must be a member of the Library and Information Association of Zambia (LIAZ)
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure
Only candidates who meet the specified requirements need to apply, enclosing their detailed Curriculum Vitae, names and addresses of three referees, copies of professional qualifications and contact address/telephone/e-mail details. The position should be clearly marked on the envelope.
Applications to be sent to:
University of Zambia
P.o Box 32379
Closing date: 27th January, 2022. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The University of Zambia is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.