Accountant – Expenditure
Jobs at:Zambia Metrology Agency
Deadline of this Job:
14 January 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, January 06, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Zambia Metrology Agency (ZMA), a statutory body under the Ministry of Commerce, Trade and
Industry, is inviting applications from suitably qualified and interested candidates to fill the following vacant positions:
Position: Accountant – Expenditure (1)
Purpose Of The Job:
To undertake effectively financial accounting and reporting in order to ensure prudent utilisation of resources and accurate financial records.
• Full Form V/Grade 12 Certificate
• Full ACCA /CIMA/CAZ or equivalent
• Degree in Accounting or Finance, Associate member of ZICA
Key Result Area and Responsibilities
• Financial Reporting: Undertakes timely the preparation of accurate financial and reports in order to inform stakeholders about the financial performance of the Agency.
• Budget & Expenditure Control: Undertakes timely implementation of budget and expenditure
control mechanism in order to ensure expenditure is within Agency’s budget framework and
compliance to accounting rules and principles
• Payments: Undertakes the processing of payments to clients and staff in order to ensure the
Agency meets its financial and statutory obligations.
• Internal Controls: Undertakes effectively the development and implementation of financial internal controls in order to mitigate against financial risks and enhance the reliability of financial reporting.
• Statutory Returns and Records: Undertakes the preparation and submission of statutory returns
in order to ensure compliance with all legal, government regulations and accounting standards.
• Assets Management: Undertakes effectively the valuation and financial accounting for assets in
order to ensure accountability.
• Audit: Undertakes the preparation of audit documentation related to expenditure and assets in
order to facilitate the audit process.
• Bank Reconciliations: Prepares daily accurate bank reconciliations and maintains operational
cashbooks in order to ensure accountability for the Agency’s financial resources.
• Accountable Documents: Ensures safe keeping and timely distribution of accountable documents in order to ensure security and proper utilisation.
• Performance Management: Manages the implementation of performance management systems
in the Section in order to monitor and evaluate individual and departmental performance.
Other Skills / Attributes
• Analytical skills
• Supervisory skills
• Interpersonal skills
• Computer literate
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested candidates meeting the above requirements should send their application letter enclosing a
detailed Curriculum Vitae, certified copies of professional and academic qualifications not later than, 14 January, 2021. Applications must be addressed to the following address and emailed to email@example.com
Further details can be obtained from the following website: www.zma.org.zm
The Director Corporate Services
Zambia Metrology Agency
PO Box 30989
Please Note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.