Jobs at:Centre for Infectious Disease Research in Zambia (CIDRZ)
Deadline of this Job:
31 March 2022
Date Posted: Friday, March 25, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Accountant – CIDRZ LTD Ref. No AC/VY/11/03/22
Reports to General Manager. The incumbent will provide financial accounting support to ensure the business effectively and efficiently meets its objectives.
• Initiates and processes financial transactions involving income, expenses and balance sheet accounts.
• Supervision and management of sales and receipting operations by the Cashier.
• Payments processing on staff payments, vendors, statutory and regulatory remittances, etc.
• Enforcing internal controls as stipulated in the Finance and Accounting Policy Manual and other related operating policies and procedures.
• Process monthly GL reconciliations on income, expenses, and nominal ledgers to ensure accuracy of balances reported in financial statements.
• In liaison with the General Manager, prepares the annual budget and detailed supporting schedules.
• Prepares monthly budget-to-actual financial performance appraisal reports for Management’s review and decision making.
• Prepares quarterly financial performance forecasts to year-end.
• Preparation of quarterly financial reports including the income statement, statement of financial position and cashflow for Management and Board reporting.
• Preparation of annual financial statements for statutory audit.
• Management of cash transactions to ensure proper accountability of cash sales and cash receipts.
• Monitor and collect accounts receivable balances arising from credit sales extended to corporate clients in line with the Credit Sales Policy.
• Monitor and settle accounts payable balances in line with credit terms agreed upon with vendors of goods and services.
• Maintain a comprehensive fixed assets register reconciled to the GL control accounts.
• Accounting for inventory/stock by reconciling systems balances to physical stock and carrying out regular stock-counts with the Stores Manager.
• Manage compliance to statutory and regulatory obligations such as taxes, fees/levies, contributions, etc.
• Full Grade Twelve (12) Certificate.
• Degree in Accountancy or equivalent.
• Full professional qualification such as CA Zambia/CIMA/ ACCA.
• Must be a registered member of the Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountants (ZICA).
• Minimum of five (5) years’ relevant post qualification experience, working in a busy finance and accounting environment.
• Must possess practical skills in management and financial reporting.
• Analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Planning and organizational skills.
• Teamwork and interpersonal communication skills.
• Risk management skills.
• Proven results-oriented attitude.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Suitably qualified candidates are invited to apply; however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please send application letter quoting Reference Number above, relevant academic and professional certificates, and detailed CV with day-time telephone number(s) to:
CIDRZ Human Resources Director P. O. Box 34681, LUSAKA or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.