Jobs at:Health Professions Council of Zambia
Deadline of this Job:
08 December 2021
Date Posted: Friday, December 03, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Health Professions Council of Zambia is a statutory regulatory body under the Ministry of Health with both statutory obligations to regulate the registration of health care facilities and health practitioners as well as maintaining optimal standards of competence, care and professional conduct. It was established under the Health Professions Act No. 24 of 2009. The Health Professions Act continues the existence of the Medical Council of Zambia which was established under the repealed Medical and Allied Professions Act. The mission of the Health Professions Council of Zambia is ‘to safeguard the quality of health care services by regulating and monitoring the professional conduct of Public and Private Health practitioners, Health facilities and Training Institutions.’
The Council seeks applications from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill up the following position:
Job Profile: To undertake financial and management accounting in order to ensure prudent utilisation and accountability of public funds.
• Undertakes diligently the preparation of annual financial reports in order to meet statutory requirements and facilitate decision making.
• Undertakes timely preparation of management accounts in order to provide information for management control and decision making.
• Undertakes timely preparation of recommendations on internal controls and processes in order to enhance accountability and reduce financial losses.
• Undertakes effectively the funds position of the institution in order to maximize their utilization.
• Undertakes timely consolidation and monitoring of institutional budgets in order to facilitate mobilization and allocation of resources.
• Undertakes timely bank and general ledger accounts reconciliations in order to facilitate accountability.
• Undertakes timely submission of monthly statutory returns and related payments in order to adhere to compliance requirements.
• Undertakes effectively the timely provision of information on audit queries and annual audits in order to facilitate resolution and meet statutory requirements.
• Undertakes effectively collection and banking of revenue in order to safeguard public funds.
• Undertakes effectively payments and expenditure in order to meet financial obligations and ensure prudent utilization of company resources.
• Undertakes effectively the implementation of institutional programmes and policies in order to facilitate implementation of remedial measures.
Reporting Relationship, Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
• Reports to the Senior Accountant
• Bachelor of Accountancy or equivalent
• Full CA/ACCA/CIMA or equivalent
• Member of ZICA
• Full Grade 12/ Form V School Certificate
• Minimum of 2 years work experience in a reputable Organisation i.e. Regulatory Statutory board or Public Institutions will be an added advantage
• Goal-oriented and able to work independently to achieve results, as well as able to collaborate with a diverse leam.
• Excellent English language oral and written communication skills.
• Able to write analytical and technical reports.
• Computer literate and Knowledgeable of all accounting packages
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Please note that, only applicants who meet the requirements are encouraged to apply and send Application letters including their daily contact phone numbers, detailed Curriculum Vitae, enclosed certified photocopies of Green National Registration Card, Academic and Professional Certificates and three traceable referees with their phone numbers and email addresses to:
The Chief Executive Officer/ Registrar
Health Professions Council of Zambia
Plot No. 6640 Mberere Road, Olympia Park
PO Box 32554
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel/Fax: +260 211 239317, closing date: Wednesday, 8th December, 2021. Only short listed candidates will be responded to and acknowledged by phone.
N.B: Only applications submitted through the above email address will be considered as no physical applications will be admissible.
“Promoting Quality Healthcare and Safeguarding the Public is Our Prime Concern”
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.