Jobs at:Pensions and Insurance Authority (PIA)
Deadline of this Job:
21 February 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, February 10, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Pensions and Insurance Authority (PIA) is the regulatory and supervisory Authority for the Pensions and Insurance Industry in Zambia. The entities operating in the pensions and insurance market include among others; insurance companies, reinsurance companies, insurance intermediaries, pension schemes, fund managers and fund administrators. The Authority hereby invites applications from suitably qualified, experienced, passionate and inspirational candidates to fill the positions below.
The Pensions and Insurance Authority (PIA) is the regulatory and supervisory authority for the pensions and Insurance Industry in Zambia as provided for in the Pensions Scheme Regulations Act No.28 of 1996 (as amended) and the Insurance Act No. 27 of 1997 (as amended). The Authority is empowered under section 5 of the Pensions Scheme Regulation Act No. 28 of 1996 (as amended) to formulate standards in the conduct of Insurance and Pensions business. The Authority supervises and regulates entities operating in the pensions and insurance market. These include, among others; insurance companies, reinsurance companies, insurance intermediaries, pension schemes, fund managers and fund administrators.
In line with its expansion strategy, the Authority hereby invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced candidates to fill the following positions.
Accountant – One (1) Position
Reporting to the Finance Manager. The Accountant shall manage the collection, distribution and utilization of financial resources in order to support and drive the Authority’s operations and programmes effectively and efficiently.
• Prepares the Authority’s payroll on receipt of information from Human Resource and Administration on a monthly basis ensuring that entries, salaries and deductions are correctly done;
• Supervises staff involved in recording and processing transactions and Books of Accounts allocating and approving their work;
• Checks and verifies entries and records pertaining to payments and against Invoices and Vouchers prepared by accounts staff for correct and accurate entries;
• Posts the various cash and credit transactions to appropriate Ledgers, corrects anomalies arising out of wrong entries and reconciles Bank Statements;
• Carries out Bank reconciliation for the Cash Books to verify money banked against receipted records for all allocated accounts;
• Monitors and verifies all payments and ascertains that payments are accompanied by authorized supporting documents and that they are duly approved and in line with payment procedures;
• Clears payment to creditors ensuring that transactions are within approved purchasing policy and prompt payment of creditors;
• Facilitates financial audits by providing information and any relevant data to external auditors according to their format and answers audit queries, consulting affected respective departments in order to ensure that the audits are concluded within the stipulated time;
• Monitors debtors, making follow ups with regulated entities to ensure that debts are reduced or cleared;
• Drafts inputs for the preparation of Annual Accounts, Prudential Returns and any other Report in accordance with generally acceptable accounting principles for finalization by the Finance Manager;
• Ensures that statutory obligations and payments and other financial obligations are paid in time, including working out the PAYE and NAPSA;
• Maintains an updated Fixed Assets Register in line with the Authority’s fixed asset categorization and depreciation policy and ensure it reconciles with the book balances; and
• Attends to queries from clients with regard to disputes on claims and levies, providing solutions or referring matter to Supervisor for decision making.
• Full Grade 12 certificate with credit or better in Mathematics and English.
• Degree in either Accounting or Full professional accountancy qualification such as ACCA/CIMA/ZICA.
• Member of ZICA.
• 3 Years’ post qualifying relevant experience in similar capacity.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Send an application addressed to the Human Resource and Administration Manager via email ONLY to email@example.com.
In the subject line please indicate the position you are applying for and note that only those applications that reference the position in the subject line will be reviewed. Your application should consist of a cover letter, certified copies of your qualifications, CV with three references, full addresses and contact information sent as a single PDF file.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The deadline for receiving applications is 21st February, 2022
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.