Jobs at:A Private Company
Deadline of this Job:
07 January 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, December 29, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
A non-profit organization is seeking to recruit self-motivated, enthusiastic, and innovative person to fill the following position
Reports to: Grants & Finance Manager
To support implement financial procedures and policies of Mumbwa office and be responsible for preparing financial statements, maintaining cash controls, maintaining accounts payable and processing of all office payments. The incumbent will be reporting to the Grants & Finance Manager
Key Areas of Accountability:
• Capture all data correctly and timeously onto Sage ERP 300
• Administer, balance, and reconcile petty cash monthly
• Filing of all financial documents and vouchers
• Data capturing on Sage ERP 300
• Perform reconciliations of all bank accounts on a monthly basis
• Submit reports to head office by deadline
• Prepare annual financial report at end of year
• Responsible for ensuring that the payments are done accurately, timeously and within budget
• Make all on line and cheque payments
• Ensure all payments are correctly coded, approved and support documents attached
Check all per diem calculations
• Ensure sufficient funds in bank account to be able to make payments
Cash flow management:
• Prepare and submit forecasts and cash flow projections and ensure that management is aware of their implications. Ensuring that there are sufficient funds in the current account for payments.
• Review monthly financial expenditure
• Draft monthly cash flow budgets
• Assist the Grants & Finance Manager with developing and monitoring the budgets
• Assist with input into budget preparation
• Capture budget and updated budget onto Sage and Excel
• Draft financial statements to be submitted to head office on a monthly basis and assist in drafting adhoc financial reports on time and accurately.
• Perform reconciliation of all bank and petty cash accounts
• Assist in drafting other financial reports as requested
Support to staff:
• Ensure that staff understand financial policies and procedures including payment procedures and account coding.
• Provide training on coding and completion of forms when necessary
• Edit forms when necessary
• Prepare for audit, participate in meetings and assist auditors
• Attend Audit planning meetings
• Prepare Accounts and exhibits for Audit Review
• Supply relevant data to onsite Auditor
• Together with the Grants and Finance Manager and Grants accountant review draft audit report
The post holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
Qualifications and Experience
• CA Zambia or ACCA or Accounting degree
• 3 years relevant experience
• Must be a member of Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountants (ZICA)
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• At least 3 years’ experience in project programs funded by international donors.
• Good computer skills and high proficiency in spreadsheets.
• Good knowledge of accounting packages especially Sage ERP accounting system
• Familiarity with U.S Government cost principles and regulations preferred
In addition, this position also requires a person who has:
• The ability to work on several major and minor activities simultaneously
• Excellent general administrative skills, including excellent judgment and integrity
• Strong program-related financial management skills, including Activity budgeting.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Please send your application letter and curriculum vitae only in a single document, stating the position in the subject line to the Human Resources Manager: email@example.com
The closing date for receipt of applications is Friday, 7th January 2022. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.