Deadline of this Job:
09 March 2022
Date Posted: Monday, February 28, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Analyse financial reports as well as interpret the current and projected company financial position. Co-ordinate the budget process and variance reporting by making use of predictive modelling. Prepare reports and financial statements in line with accounting practices.
Experience and qualifications
• Minimum Qualification: Grade 12 Certificate with 5 credits and passes in English and Mathematics.
• Preferred Qualification: Holder of a professional accounting qualification (ACCA, CA) Or a relevant degree.
• Good knowledge of retail and commercial banking operations.
• At least 3 years accounting experience in a major bank or financial institution.
• Sound computer skills; particularly in Microsoft Excel, Power point, and Access is essential.
• Analytical skills and attention to detail.
• Good interpersonal and communication skills.
• Must be a member of ZICA.
• Identify, control and escalate potential risks which may lead to increased costs.
• Forecast, manage and optimise financial resources ensuring all expenditure is in line with the agreed budget.
• Analyse financial transactions and statements against budget to identify and monitor data against forecast for correction of potential weak areas – report to CEO.
• Taxation Planning Conduct taxation planning in line with current legislation to minimise tax liability.
• Develop and periodically revise financial plans in order to project income and costs.
• Maintenance of expert knowledge on relevant legislative amendments industry best practices and provision of proactive advice and solutions to relevant stakeholders.
• Comply with governance in terms of legislative and audit requirements.
• Ensure that risk assessments are carried out through detailed analysis and ensure effective remedies are implemented and measured.
• Continuously review accounting packs to ensure consistent accounting treatment in line with GAAP.
• Implement, benchmark and improve all business processes in the designated area of responsibility (e.g. Costing model, G/L returns, VAT processes).
• Ensure financial-specific journal entries are uploaded onto the G/L and maintain Accounts Payable by ensuring complete and accurate records of all payments.
• Improve business decisions by providing accurate and reliable business intelligence (information) together with analysing trends and data.
• Manage own development to increase own competencies
• Support the development of resources (employees and managers) in company policies and budget parameters, ensuring assessment and development of critical skills.
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.