Jobs at:Lubambe Copper Mine Limited
Deadline of this Job:
09 February 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, February 03, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Lubambe Copper Mine is located within the Greater Konkola Area of the Zambian Copperbelt and consists of a large – scale mining license covering an area of approximately 228 square kilometres.
Completed and commissioned in 2012, Lubambe is an underground operation supported by a shaft and decline access with a 2.5 million tonne per annum capacity ore concentrator. The mine’s current depth is 450 meters producing a high-grade copper concentrate which is then treated at Zambian smelters.
The mine currently employs 1,000 direct employees and a further 1,200 contractors. It places the highest priority on safety with a world class safety system.
Supporting local communities and suppliers is a key business focus of the mine.
EMR Capital owns an 80% controlling interest in Lubambe while ZCCM-IH owns 20%.
The Mine seeks to employ an experienced and qualified individual in the following position:
Accounting Metallurgist (X1)
This position reports to the Senior Metallurgist-Processing
Core Purpose of the Position
Responsible for carrying out a check in, check out balance for the Ore treated, Copper produced and dispatched at Lubambe copper mine and consumables used for concentrate production and input into the Lubambe Met accounting system for reference, accounting and accountability.
Key Performance Areas/Indicators (KPA/Is):
• Timely preparation of daily, weekly and monthly production and accounting reports
• Conduct audits on all Weightometers, densitometers and sample cutters to guarantee accurate measurements and reporting
• Report any metallurgical accounting anomaly and champion metallurgical accounting audits
• Ensure all consumables stocks and consumption are monitored and tracked
• Responsible for concentrate loading, dispatches and reconciliations
• Review previous day dispatch tonnage of concentrate and quality (grade and moisture)
• Follow up with the laboratory and ensure all accounting assays are reported on time
• Perform monthly mass balance, metal reconciliation and reporting
• Perform any other duties given by the supervisor
Academic Qualifications and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Metallurgy or Chemical Engineering
• Five (5) years’ work experience in a concentrator or related field.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Applicants who meet the above requirements are invited to send their Curriculum Vitae in MS word format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate the job title of the role you are applying for in the subject line of your e-mail. The closing date for receipt of applications is Wednesday 9th February, 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.