Jobs at:John Snow Health Zambia Limited
Deadline of this Job:
16 December 2021
Date Posted: Friday, December 10, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Job Title: Accounts Assistant
Department/Unit: Finance & Administration
Duration: Full-Time position
Reports to: Finance Manager
The USAID Zambia Accessible Markets for Health (ZAM-Health) Activity is a five-year project to expand the availability and accessibility of high-quality health products and services in the private sector, improve health knowledge, and increase the adoption of healthy and health-seeking behaviors. The program will employ private sector approaches such as marketing, social franchising, and partnerships with for-profit entities to achieve these outcomes. USAID ZAM-Health is implemented by John Snow Health Zambia (JSH) in partnership with JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. (JSI), Media 365 and PharmAccess.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Preparation of budgets
• Reconcile and clear the Mobile Money payments.
• Maintaining of a cheque register for all cheque payments and ensure that photocopies of signed checks are made before releasing checks to the respective payees/vendors.
• To ensure that all payment vouchers are in the e-filing records have all documentation attached and complete before being couriered to HQ on the 10th of every month.
• Provide day-to-day clerical assistance to the finance team, including managing the documentation and filing of all finance related files.
• To follow up and reconcile hotel bills (Hotel Bill Analysis) for trainings, meetings and workshop venue payments for various program activities and updating the Hotels bills tracker.
• Follow up outstanding or missing vouchers and supporting documents e.g. delivery notes, receipt and invoices with vendors both in Lusaka and other towns.
• To keep track/record of all used and unused receipts books, and Cheque Books over the period of the project.
• To keep track of all pending payments for vendors including all contractual obligations for services and goods.
• Responsible for receiving all cash retirements once the Accountant has reviewed and receipted all expense reports or once staff has been invoiced for personal bills.
• Responsible for photocopying, scanning of accounts vouchers including e-filing docs in one note.
• Perform- other duties as assigned.
• Recommended Qualification and Experience:
• Grade 12 full certificate with good grades in Math and English,
• Diploma/degree in Accounting/business, CIMA Managerial, ACCA Level 2/Skills,
• Minimum 3 years in a similar position
• Strong interpersonal skills, and result driven
• Based on the Finance department work load, above Job Description and other assigned duties by the Finance Manager and Director.
• Communication and reporting
• The Accounts Assistant will work under the guidance of the Finance Manager or designate. The Finance Manager/designate will receive reports for this activity. Contact details.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Send an application via email ONLY to email@example.com. In the subject line please indicate the position you are applying for; only those applications that reference the position in the subject line will be reviewed. Your application should consist of a cover letter and CV with three references and full addresses and contact information.
Please note that you do not need to apply if you don’t meet the minimum requirements. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Closing Date: 16TH December, 2021
John Snow Health Zambia, Limited is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer committed to workplace diversity. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, gender, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, sexual preference, genetic information, political affiliation, or military status (special disabled veterans or veteran status) in any employment decisions.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.