Jobs at:John Snow Inc.
Deadline of this Job:
15 December 2021
Date Posted: Tuesday, December 07, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
John Snow, Inc. (JSI) seeks highly qualified and accomplished public health leaders and providers for the recently awarded United States Agency for International Development (USAID)/PEPFAR-funded Supporting an AIDS-Free Era (SAFE) Project in Zambia. The five year project which will be led by JSI in partnership with Abt Associates, mothers2mothers, and the Catholic Medical Mission Board, will work to reduce HIV mortality, morbidity and transmission, while improving nutrition outcomes and family planning integration in three provinces: Central, Copperbelt, and North-Western. USAID/PEPFAR SAFE will work with the GRZ, private sector and civil society institutions at the national, provincial, and district level to increase access to ART for HIV positive adults and children, reduce the incidence of new infections, improve Nutritional Assessment, Counseling and Services (NACS) and family planning services, and increase the capacity of local health institutions to better serve affected populations.
Position: Accounts Assistant
Position Type: Full Time
• Responsible for tracking the movement of Finance documents and ensuring that all approval signatures are obtained on payment vouchers.
• Ensure that vouchers are scanned on a daily basis and appropriately stored in readiness in readiness for shipping to Home Office
• Coordinating documentation flow/movement between Finance and Procurement and Administration and the Provincial Offices
• Ensuring that all Finance trackers are managed and kept up to date at all times.
• Handling of both local and international courier of financial documents and preparation of complete field accounts packages to Home Office.
• Assist the Accountant in following up outstanding or missing vouchers and supporting documents
• To keep track/record of all used and unused receipts books, and Cheque Books over the period of the project.
• To keep track of all pending payments for vendors including all contractual obligations for services and goods.
• Responsible for receiving all cash retirements once the Accountant has reviewed and receipted all expense reports or once staff has been invoiced for personal bills.
• Responsible for photocopying, scanning of accounts vouchers including e-filing docs.
• Support Accountant to verify and process mobile money claims to be paid to various JSI partners such as CHWs and Service providers.
• Perform- other duties as assigned by the Senior Finance Specialist.
Required Qualifications and Skills
• Minimum of Degree in Accounting/Finance or equivalent
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience in financial management for international donor funded projects; preferably including experience with USAID-funded projects.
• Demonstrated ability to manage time and perform to strict deadlines.
• First-hand experience of using accounting software and excellent computer skills (particularly MS Excel and Word) preferred.
• Excellent interpersonal and teamwork
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.