Jobs at:Living Water International Zambia Country Office
Deadline of this Job:
27 January 2022
Date Posted: Monday, January 24, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Living Water International (LWI) is a global Non-Governmental Organization that exists to demonstrate the love of God by helping communities acquire desperately needed clean water, and experience “living water” (the gospel of Jesus Christ) which alone satisfies the deepest thirst. Living Water provides safe drinking water, Christian Witness, Sanitation and Hygiene Education to communities across Africa. A vacancy exists in the Zambia Country Office for the position of Accounts Assistant to be based in Chipata:
Position Title: Accounts Assistant
Reporting to: Finance Officer
Purpose of The Position
To assist the Finance Officer in financial administration of Chipata WPA resources and ensure that all payments are disbursed and accounted for on time.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
• Prepare and disburse all payments on time.
• Update cash flow on a daily basis.
• Make cash withdraws on behalf of LWI and all necessary deposits to the bank.
• Ensure that all documents raised and processed for payments have necessary supporting documents and are recorded appropriately in accordance with LWI policies.
• Ensure that all payments raised have correct amounts reflected.
• Ensure that advances obtained by other staff members are accounted for on time.
• Review all retired documents and liquidate retirements timely.
• Ensure the safe keeping of all accounting documents, both soft and hard copies. Provide documentation for internal and external auditors when requested.
• Ensure that all documents are filed neatly and orderly.
• Work with the Driver to ensure fuel is accounted for timely and fuel analysis reports are timely prepared.
• Work with the Administrative Assistant to ensure stores bin cards are updated timely.
• Other related duties as assigned.
• Diploma in accounting or equivalent accounting qualification.
• 2-3 years experience in the accounting field, preferably in the non-profit sector (NGO), with experience in budgeting and financial reporting.
• Grant accounting knowledge added advantage.
• Must be a registered member of ZICA.
• Competencies and Other Skills
• MUST be a committed Christian with personal relationship with Christ Jesus.
• Competent IT skills, particularly proficiency with spreadsheet software.
• High level of accuracy.
• Trustworthy and discreet when dealing with confidential information.
• Understanding of basic Accounting principles and proficiency with Quickbooks soft ware.
• Ability to multitask and remain motivated and positive.
• Commitment to working efficiently and accurately.
• Able to work with minimum supervision.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure
Interested candidates should send their application letter with not more than four paged detailed updated Curriculum Vitae to:
The Human Resources Manager
Living Water International
Plot 33F/448, Off Leopards Hill Lane
• Do not send copies of your qualifications at this stage.
• Position applied for should be included in the subject line of your email when sending in your application.
• Submit applications to Zambia.Jobs@water.cc or hand delivered to Living Water International Offices situated at Plot 33F/448, Off Leopards Lane, Kabulonga Lusaka
• The deadline for receipt of application letters is Thursday, 27th January, 2022 at 17: 00 hours, Zambian time.
• LWI in Zambia is an equal opportunity employer, and therefore qualified females are encouraged to apply.
• All documents submitted will not be returned and are subject to authenticity and background checks.
• A recommendation from your local pastor / church leader will be an added advantage.
• ONLY shortlisted candidates shall be contacted, if you do not get contacted by 28th February, 2022, consider your application unsuccessful.
• You are free to visit the website: www.water.cc for more information about the activities of Living Water International.
• ONLY Applicants that STRICTLY meet the qualifications and person specifications should apply.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.