Jobs at:Aids Healthcare Foundation Zambia
Deadline of this Job:
07 March 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, March 01, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Founded in 1987, AIDS Healthcare Foundation is one of largest specialized provider of HIV/AIDS medical care in the nation. Our mission is to provide cutting edge medicine and advocacy, regardless of ability to pay. Through our healthcare centers, pharmacies, health plan, research and other activities, AHF provides access to the latest HIV treatments for all who need them.
The AIDS healthcare Foundation (AHF) Zambia invites applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the under listed position:
Accounts Clerk (1 Position) – Lusaka Based.
The Accounts Clerk will be responsible for providing accounting support to finance staff and other Departments within AHF Zambia through performing accounting and clerical
functions, ensure files are complete and maintained as needed, handle accounts payables duties, ensure adherence to policies and procedures.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Ensure adherence to AHF policies and procedures and AHF requirements.
• Receive vendor invoices, prepare requisition forms, process payment vouchers, account statements and other support documents.
• Photocopy all financial documents before submission to the Accounting Firm while ensuring that all vouchers are approved by respective approvers.
• Maintain files/registers for all payment requests, financial documents and accountability submissions to the accounting firm.
• Maintain and regularly update a cheque register, managing office safe and cash, and follow up payment acknowledgements with vendors/suppliers while making sure EFT confirmations are sent to vendors.
• Record cash receipts, reconcile utility bills and submit weekly collection reports to the supervisor for reconciliation.
• Initiate the requisition process for items from stores and manage their issue to respective final users.
• Adequately manage the archive room to create ease of accessibility and retrieval of records, ensuring availability of room for record storage.
• Assisting the Operations Manager to maintain the Department Asset register.
• Thorough checking of fuel and supermarket credit cards and making sure that fuel log sheets are reviewed for efficient and accountable consumption.
• Receive payment requests and perform preliminary reviews to confirm consistency and adequacy of support documents.
• Prepare payment vouchers and ensure completeness of approval for onward submission to the Accounting Firm.
• Any other duty as assigned by the Supervisor.
Provide leadership and supervision to any Accounts staff as directed by the supervisor.
• Must possess a Diploma in Accounting or related field, CPA Part I or a ZICA Diploma / ACCA level II or its equivalent.
• Must possess a Grade 12 School Certificate or its equivalent.
• Minimum of 1 years relevant working experience in a similar setting.
• Demonstrable knowledge/understanding of accounting procedures and openness to training and learning.
• Excellent computer skills esp. Excel spreadsheets and Ms Word.
• Experience and knowledge in usage of any Accounting software required.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret financial documents. Good interpersonal skills, strong initiative and ability to work under minimum supervision
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Working knowledge of accounts and reconciliation is imperative.
Other Skills and Abilities
• Sensitivity to ethics and confidentiality on finance, HR and HIV/AIDS client information.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills.
• IT Knowledge and any Accounting Package.
• Training skills.
• Pro-active attitude
• Strong initiative and good team player.
• Excellent command of oral and written communication skills
• Result oriented
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 12 12:00:00 AM Associate Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.