Jobs at:Mika Convention Center
Deadline of this Job:
09 January 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, January 06, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Job Title: Assistant Accountant
Responsible to: Financial Accountant/ Management Accountant
Work Place: Mika Convention Center
Scope and General Purpose:
Process financial records such as bills, invoices, accounts payable and receivable, and more.
Assistant Finance Manager, Management Accountant, Financial Accountant and Accountants Assistant.
• To ensure safe keeping of cash and cash equivalents.
• To check the night audit report daily in the morning and ensure all unit revenue from all revenue points from previous day activities is properly accounted for.
• To check invoices and ensure that all bills are closed on time and surrender to receivables department.
• To prepare daily reports and circulate as per stipulated timelines.
• To prepare and circulate cash-close certificates on a daily basis.
• To review Food and Beverage reports on a daily basis, investigate and provide feedback to the unit management on discrepancies, if any.
• To prepare for and conduct stock and Operating Equipment counts and valuation in liason with Internal Audit and provide reports as per recommended timelines to all relevant parties.
• To ensure all hotel imprest is retired and accurately accounted for. Any disparencies to be investigated and reported to unit management.
• Preparing bank reconciliations.
• Preparing interunit reconciliations.
• Managing debtor balances.
• Managing credit balances.
• Checking payment voulchers and ensure they are suported and authorized.
• Daily posting of payments in the cash book
• Invoicing debtors and creditors
• Attending to clients’ querries over billing terms
• Must ensure good record management
• Update and keep company’s fixed assets register
• Prepare, keep financial statements and produce them when needed
• Ensure maximum performance of all the company’s revenue points.
• Forecast and analyze business perfomance to help short and long term planning for finances
• Will work in liaison with fellow unit accountants on daily activities and will report to the finance manager.
• Responsible for accounting for stock in the bar, restaurant and stores in their respective units. Daily stock reconciliations should be done.
• You will perform other reasonable tasks that may be requested by your superior from time to time
• Interested candidates must possess full of any of the following qualifications ACCA, ZICA or CIMA.
• Proven experience in the same capacity with a minimum of at least 2 years.
• Great attention to detail and creativity
• Organisation and leadership skills
• Willingness to replenish professional knowledge
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Interested candidates should forward their soft copy applications and updated curriculum vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org while hard copy applications and CV’s can be dropped at Mika Hotel Limited in Kabulonga. The last day of receiving these applications will be on Sunday 9th January 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further recruitment processes.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.