Jobs at:SOS Children's Villages Zambia
Deadline of this Job:
14 January 2022
Date Posted: Monday, January 10, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
SOS Children's Villages Zambia
SOS Children’s Villages Zambia is a child focused organization and an affiliate of the SOS Children Villages International. It is a non-governmental, non-political, non-denominational, and non-racial organization. Its overall mission is to build families for children in need, help them shape their own futures and share in the development of their communities.
In order to fulfil the above mandate, the organization wishes to recruit for the positions of Assistant Accountant and is inviting applications from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the following positions.
Position Title: Assistant Accountant (1)
Reporting to: National Office Accountant
Duty Station: Lusaka
Purpose of the Job
The purpose of the Job is to manage the program funds and ensure compliance with both organisation policies and donor requirements. The Assistant Accountant plays a significant role in ensuring integrity of the SOS Children’s Village accounting system for all transactions such as budgets, payroll, accounts payable and accrual sub systems.
• To process all the payments in line with the organisation policy and ensure that all the supporting documents are attached and complete.
• Maintain up to date bank registers and timely Bank reconciliations
• Support the National Office Accountant in review and processing of staff travel imprests and related retirement
• To ensure that all the organisation funds received are banked within 48 hours of receipting the funds.
• To act as an organisation known agent to all the banks and timely deliver all the instructions to the banks.
• To maintain petty cash and ensure that all the petty cash documents are well maintained and updated.
• To encash cheques on behalf of SOS staff and the organisation.
• To keep track of all pending payments for vendors including contractual obligations for services and goods
• To follow up and reconcile all the hotel bills for trainings, meetings and workshop venue payments.
• Perform any other duties as assigned by the National Office Accountant.
• To ensure that all accounting documents are well filled and presented to the Auditors as and when required.
• Process in the timely manner the organization payroll and attend to related issues.
• Prepare and file accurate PAYE and NAPSA returns with relevant organizations and attend to related queries.
• To prepare monthly cash flow and ensure that all program activities are implemented as planned
Full Grade 12 School Certificate with a minimum of five credits and mathematics as one of the credits.
Diploma / degree in Accounting or ACCA level 2 skills, CIMA managerial
A minimum of two (2) years in a similar position with proven experience with some basic level of supervisory exposure.
Other competencies and requirements
• Proficiency in DOVE payroll, Microsoft Excel and working knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics-NAV will be an added advantage
• Fully paid up member of the Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountants (ZICA).
• Should be a team player with integrity, progressive and un-blemish track record, very innovative and an effective communicator.
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
All applicants for the above positions should be Child Friendly.
Closing date for receipt of applications is 14 January, 2022
You can email your application letter and CV only to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please DO NOT email academic and professional certificates as they will only be required during the interviews to the applicants who will be responded to.
SOS Children`s Villages Zambia is an equal opportunity employer.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.