Assistant Financial Accountant , N5 Grade
Jobs at:Nkana Water Supply and Sanitation Company
Deadline of this Job:
19 January 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, January 18, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Nkana Water Supply and Sanitation Company is a Commercial Water Utility Company providing quality Water and Sanitation Services to its customers in Kitwe, Kalulushi and Chambishi. In its quest to improve service delivery, the Company seeks to employ suitable, highly motivated, and goal-oriented professionals to fill the following vacancy:
Job title: Assistant Financial Accountant , N5 Grade
To accurately report all revenues receipts, daily payments processing and reconciliation of all operational bank accounts.
• Complies with Finance Accounting Procedural Manual on processing of transactions in Sun system.
• Files all receipts (related to non-supplier payments) and cancelled cheques in the period.
• Ensures compliance with statutory accounting standards and audit practices.
• Monitors office expenditure (all petty cash floats held) to ensure they are within set budgets.
• Processes payments as and when agreed timely and effectively (within 12 hours).
• Checks and verifies receipts sequencing and collections declared from all pay points.
• Prepares consolidated collections summary reports and consolidated collections report. Submits daily report to Supervisor and ensures accuracy of Company daily collections report.
• Submits receipt batches to Commercial Directorate by 10:00 hours for onward processing into the billing system.
• Ensures daily and monthly collections are reconciled between the Billing and Accounting systems.
• Verifies bank deposits and captures reconciled daily collections in the accounting system.
• Reconciles monthly new customer connections with physical documents held with Commercial department.
• Carries out monthly bank reconciliations for all accounts held.
• Assigned Ledger Accounts
• Maintains company ledgers and daily financial transactions.
• Audit Support
• Assists in performing internal and external audits to evaluate company performance.
• Checks that all requisitions, cancelled cheques are verified for completeness prior to commencement of annual audits.
• Provides support on requests that may arise during audit.
• Records Management
• Ensures that monthly deposit slips, payment requisitions are secured.
• Ensures that Bank Reconciliations are securely filed.
• Budgetary Control
• Submits budget inputs for the section as per specified format and guidelines.
• Full Grade 12 Certificate with at least five (05) credits including Mathematics and English
• Minimum Level II Professional Accounting qualification or equivalent.
• At least 3 years relevant work experience
• A registered member of Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountant (ZICA)
Additional Attributes Required for the Job
• Technical Skills:
• Proficient in numerical and analytical skills
• Understanding of accounting standards, company policies and procedures.
• Ability to utilise computerized solutions.
• Ability to develop systems of financial and internal control.
• Ability to adapt to organisational changes.
• Behavioural Skills:
• Teamwork (others heavily rely on timely execution of duties hence employee’s efficiency required)
• Supervision of staff in order to provide relevant guidance and coaching
• Honesty and sober Character
• Decision making Ability
• Interpersonal and communication Skills
• Supervision / leadership Skills
• Ability to meet strict reporting Deadlines
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested applicants who are suitably qualified and experienced for the above positions should submit their application letters and qualifications by 19th January 2022 to the:
Director – Human Resources and Administration Services
Nkana Water Supply and Sanitation Company.
P O Box 20982
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.