Vacancy title: Barotse Landscape Program Officer[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Nonprofit, and NGO , Category: Management ]
Jobs at:WWF Zambia
Deadline of this Job:
06 December 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, November 22, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Program Officer plays a supportive role to the Upper Zambezi Manager in the planning, coordination, and implementation of WWF’s multi-sectoral landscape-based interventions in Liuwa Plains National Park and the Barotse Floodplains. He/She would have the role of supporting the implementation and monitoring of key programmatic aspects of the Upper Zambezi Landscape; engaging with stakeholders; providing assistance with research projects on the ground.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
• Support partners such as the Department of Fisheries and Forestry Department in the design and implementation of innovative community-based conservation solutions for the protection of ecosystems on the Barotse Floodplains;
• Support partners such as African Parks and the Department of National Parks and Wildlife in the implementation of innovative wildlife and fisheries conservation projects in the Greater Liuwa ecosystem;
• Support the planning and execution of socio-economic and biological research fieldwork in the Barotse Focal area
• Within the Environmental Social Safeguards Framework, support engagement and outreach activities (including those of partners such as the National Heritage Conservation Commission) with local communities and civil society organizations
• Support the Upper Zambezi Landscape Manager to prepare reports and technical documents when required.
• Support the Upper Zambezi Landscape Manager in the planning and execution of program activities with the district, provincial government officials and the Barotse Royal Establishment (BRE)
• Support operational efficiency of the Barotse Field Office in regard to financial management, procurement processes and administrative systems
• Support the communication team in the documentation of field activities, development of field stories (including photography and videography) and maintenance of cloud-based data base
• Perform any other project related activities/duties as required and directed by the Upper Zambezi Landscape Manager.
• WWF Zambia: Interact on a daily basis with the Upper Zambezi Landscape Manager and weekly/monthly basis with the Conservation Manager, Technical Conservation Teams, Communication Team and Finance Team. Engage with and support WWF Zambia staff to understand and contribute towards the landscape programme.
• WWF Network: Liaise with network partners, regional leads and the practice teams to mobilize support, technical expertise and guidance as required.
• Interact with all relevant stakeholders at the community, district, and provincial level of provinces in the landscape.
• Interact with donors (including facilitating donor and stakeholder visits to project sites), central government partners, and NGOs on ad-hoc basis).
• Interact with research institutions, consultants and private sector partners.
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
All interested applicants must send their applications (Cover Letter and CV) as one attachment to email@example.com, with the subject line “Barotse Landscape Program Officer”. The deadline for applications is end of day, Tuesday 6th December, 2022.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
This job description is in line with WWF’s values: Courage, Collaboration, Respect, and Integrity.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.