Chief Finance Manager
Jobs at:Development Aid from Eople to People ( DAPP ) Zambia
Deadline of this Job:
16 February 2022
Date Posted: Monday, February 07, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Chief Finance Manager
Development Aid from People to People (DAPP) Zambia is inviting suitably qualified and experienced persons to apply for the position as the CHIEF FINANCE MANAGER for the organisation to be based at the DAPP Headquarters in Ndola.
DAPP Zambia is a local registered NGO and has been operating in Zambia for 36 years. The organisation works in all the 10 provinces and reaches over 1 million people with development projects employing over 1300 staff. The activities span from economic strengthening of families, HIV prevention, care and support to those infected and affected by viruses, agriculture, environment, education and more.
DAPP Zambia is a member of the Federation Humana People to People and receives technical assistance from the Federation.
DAPP further runs a fund raising enterprise selling second hand clothes and shoes donated by well-wishers in Europe and collected by European Humana People to people member organisations.
The Chief Finance Manager is responsible for the oversight of all DAPP Zambia’s financial operations and economic status.
DAPP is seeking a Chief Finance Manager to manage the financial activities at Headquarters level, as applicable to establish and manage finance and accounting systems, applicable compliances and financial related policies as well as procurement to ensure that DAPPs financial and administrative systems meet the highest global standards and those of it’s main donors CDC, USAID, WFP, Humana People to People organisations and the EU.
The Chief Finance Manager will directly supervise the Finance Compliance Officer, the Procurement Manager as well as the 4 Accounts Managers overall responsible for the finance related to 20 small and bigger development projects. He/she will also oversee the finance for the Clothes and Shoe fundraising project.
He/she will coordinate the finance office, build capacity in staff, create team work and an effective working environment among the staff in the office.
The total organisational yearly budget is about 12 million US$.
Oversee accounting and financial management, including:
• Expenditure, procurement, and disbursement systems, ensuring compliance with policies, including authorization, documentation and recording.
• Ensure the preparation of accurate, complete and timely submission of monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports to DAPP Management and funding partners.
• Maintain adequate internal control functions in line with DAPP and partner policies.
• Effectively lead the finance team and ensure that all operational functions are effectively coordinated.
• Develop and maintain current and appropriate standard operating procedures (SOPs) to document roles and responsibilities in areas of finance, accounting and procurement.
• Establish, monitor and enforce financial policies and procedures.
• Set up Chart of Accounts in each Project/Unit.
• Ensure that monthly routines are carried out in a timely manner.
• Ensure compliance with statutory and partner regulations.
• Lead asset valuation and management as well as related requirements associated with inventory accounting.
Audits & Assessments
Prepare and take charge of all financial audits, both statutory and partner specific
• Overall responsible for the statutory audit for DAPP as well as partner audits including developing Terms of Reference for the audits, internal preparation, maintaining communication with the Auditors.
• Prepare for and oversee partner assessments.
• Oversee quarterly internal audits.
• Oversee internal as well as external audit findings, responses and corrective action implementation.
• Present annual audited financial statements to the management and the board.
• Be an active member of the DAPP Internal Audit Committee.
• Liaise with the HPP International Office of Compliance and Internal Audit.
• Ensure compliance with DAPP’s Procurement Policy.
• Oversee and lead the Procurement Office; contributing to procurement plans for large procurements and ensuring DAPP Zambia is complying and following the principles of Value for Money in each procurement.
Sub-awards Administration and Management
• Manage consultants’ agreements
• Oversee the implementation of sub-grants
The position is based in Ndola where the project has its headquarters.
• Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, or Finance.
• ACCA/CPA qualification or other recognized professional accounting qualification.
• Member of the Zambia Institute of Certified Accountants (ZICA), with valid practising licence.
• Minimum 8 year’s experiences providing financial support for a large operation with at least 3 years within the development sector.
• Experience in financial reporting to major donors such as USAID and EU.
• Experience in financial control and management reporting.
• Proven leadership and management skills with demonstrated experience in managing a diverse accounting team.
• Outstanding training and mentoring skills.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 96
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Applications with detailed CVs and three professional referees must be received by 16th of February 2021.
Do not attach certificates and other documentation at this stage
Sent to Email: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.