Chief Financial Officer
Jobs at:Recruitment Matters Africa
Deadline of this Job:
21 February 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, February 09, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Our client, a leading bank, is looking for a Chief Financial Officer to join their team
• Manage, develop, train and direct the entire financial control team of Finance Officers and the accountants.
• Develop strategic financial procedures to provide the basis for management decisions and control and maintain integrity of accounting practices, reporting and disclosure
• Support the business mission proactively while providing independent judgment necessary to meet corporate objectives and policies.
• Anticipate changes in economies and business climates; analyze implications of change in relation to the business
• Develop innovative and analytical approaches to provide more meaningful management information.
• Maintain the required local regulations; coordinate the preparation and review of all local tax returns with local advisors and Corporate Tax Divisions.
• Ensure compliance with local regulatory requirements as issued by the Banks Regulators, the Taxation Authorities, Ministry of Finance, and other bodies affecting the banking industry.
• Provide management support in the development of the strategic operating plan by analysis of the business drivers for both revenue and expenses.
• Participate in the research and analysis of proposed and existing business transactions to determine impact on profitability.
• Serve as a focal point of accounting and help with interpretation of financial data.
• Exercise control over the interpretation and maintenance of tax records and information used in completing local tax returns.
• Technical and managerial support in respect of the country to the Regional and Group CFO.
• Keep senior management informed of all new accounting policies and procedures and reporting rules and regulations and their implications.
• Responsible for overseeing the preparation of year end statutory counts and statutory audit.
• Ensure that the control and reporting of market risk reporting activities are reported accurately and timely
• Supervise and monitor implementation of local GAAP and IFRS
• Capital management, including Major Expenditure Proposals (MEP)
• Supervise and monitor cross border risk reporting for the country
• Corporate governance
• Supervise internal reporting for the Affiliate
• Ensure full ownership and robust analysis of all balance sheet accounts
• Conduct regular vertical and horizontal balance sheet reviews
• Review and monitor analysis of aged items, items at risk and red account reports
• Supervise and monitor monthly preparation of balance sheet and control book
• Management and reporting of inter-company items
• Supervise and monitor the monthly balance sheet review meetings with account owners
• Coordinate new Finance systems implementation
• Management and oversight of proof/e-recon process.
• Mange and supervise local regulatory reporting
• Manage and supervise local financial reporting
• Oversee and coordinate audit and other external exams and reviews.
• Monitor compliance with all local requirements
• Work with Country, Cluster and Tax Representative to ensure tax compliance and pro-active tax management.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and good verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent analytical thinking with integration skills to increase the effective use of Management data
• Excellent numerical skills
• Good computer skills, especially MS Excel.
• Minimum of 10 years post qualification experience in accounting or Audit environment of which 3 years must be at senior management positions.
• Prior experience dealing with regulators (Central Bank, Tax Authorities).
• Preferably prior senior financial management experience in a banking or financial institution
• Experience in building, training, motivating and managing a team of senior accountants.
• Experience in Audit Firm, or a previous internal Audit position is an added advantage
• University Degree in Finance, Accounting/ACCA/CIMA or relevant field.
• Must be registered with ZICA
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 120
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.