Jobs at:ENGIE Energy Access Zambia Limited
Deadline of this Job:
Friday, March 31 2023
Date Posted:Friday, March 31 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
As Engie Energy Access Zambia (EEAZ) grows our product portfolio, the Commercial Analyst will play a key role in supporting the Commercial Sales/Business Strategy Manager in modelling complex problems, discovering insights that will drive sales and identifying opportunities through statistical, data mining and visualisation techniques. In parallel, the role will also be required to provide efficiencies in the manner the Sales Channel is managed with regards to reporting and field reward calculation. This position will be part of a fast-paced team committed to understanding our Sales teams needs to keep them motivated to achieve targets in the portfolio and the customers’ journey as a MySol product owner. To be successful in this role, the candidate should be able to apply a breadth of tools, data sources and analytical techniques to answer a wide range of high-impact business questions and present insights in concise and impactful manner to non-technical audiences. Additionally, the candidate should also have strong stakeholder management skill set.
This role will work across multiple business areas with a focus data analytics and execution in Strategy, Customer Finance, Finance, Customer Experience, and Product departments
Business intelligence, Reporting & Data Visualization (approx. 55%)
• Develop effective business intelligence strategies and analytics/visualization solutions for Strategy, Commercial, Customer Experience (CX) for use by key decision makers (Country Director, Head of Commercial, Head of CX, Head of Customer Finance, Product & Strategy Manager and Commercial Strategy Manager).
• Design, develop, automate, and own interactive dashboards to track key performance indicators, summaries sales and data trends and to enable EEA Zambia to manage and monitor their sales and CX performance.
• Build predictive models to forecast sales and risks for product launches and operations.
• Participate in product pricing in conjunction with the Products team.
Generate regular reports including:
1) Daily, weekly, and monthly sales performance reviews.
2) monthly war room content for country leadership
3) monthly reports to leadership
4) quarterly “Deep Dives” on performance and other key topics including but not limited to Energy Sector Landscape.
5) Campaign and/or Initiative efficiency
6) Other ad-hoc requests.
• Monitor on an ongoing basis performance against key bucket KPIs (Sales Quantity, Sales Revenue, Cost of Sales, First Missed Payment, etc.)
• Target Setting based on sales trend and Seasonality
• Conduct ad-hoc rigorous analysis including statistical analysis and data modelling to evaluate performance, form new insights, highlight areas for improvement and drive decision making and sales strategies
• Oversee analytics projects to extract, manage and analyze sales data from multiple applications or sources (including SQL & field research)
• Work closely with the EEA Data team to develop and validate predictive models, forecasts and other data tools for sales and customer service
• Provide support on broader analytical needs of the EEA Zambia team, including analysis of pilots, intervention, sales operations, or field research work.
• Support piloting and A/B tests across major commercial levers including pricing, team structure and commissions and scale best practices for commercial activities amongst country teams
Processes, Systems & Standards (approx. 45%)
• Initiate and Coordinate field team incentives and remuneration, maintain clear and accurate records on monthly costs aligned with sales facilitation
• Ensure all remunerations are paid for on time and accurately in collaboration with relevant cross functional teams
• Document and standardize business rules and definitions for key processes and Commercial/CX metrics to ensure alignment of all stakeholders
• Work closely with other stakeholders and data users across the company to create and maintain control systems and review standards which ensure data quality and prevent discrepancies
• Collaborate with internal stakeholders such as data scientists, analysts, engineers, and partner teams and align them to improve data availability, integrity, accuracy, and reliability.
• Manage and own all necessary data sources to ensure accuracy in reporting
• Support the commercial team with operational processes through agile engagement of Cross Functional teams that affect day to day sales activities,
Knowledge and skills Experience:
• At least 2 years work experience in data analysis, statistics, financial analysis, business analysis or similar environment particularly in retail financial services or telecommunications
• At least 2 years professional experience in modelling and statistical analysis of large datasets
• Experience in statistical techniques such as classification, clustering, regression, statistical inference, collaborative filtering, natural language processing, experimental design
• Exceptional analytical skills and ability to identify trends, patterns and insights from data as well as synthesize and interpret qualitative and quantitative data into practical strategy recommendations
• Excellent presentation skills- ability to write and speak clearly to communicate complex ideas in a way that is easy to understand for diverse audiences
• Demonstrated ability working across teams and functions on technical projects
• Keen eye for detail and thoughtful investigation of data before relying upon it
• Demonstrate business acumen with the capability to develop and provide insights to inform profitable decision making
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in quantitative/business discipline such as Mathematics, Statistics, Quantitative Finance, Computer Science, Operational Research or Data Science with strong mathematical skills
Any local language
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.