Jobs at:Brilliance Executive Management Consultancy
Deadline of this Job:
04 March 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, February 16, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The role requires regular collaboration with the Retail and wholesale function, internal Business Partners, and External Customers. The management of these relationships will entail risk management, strong customer relationship management, dispute management and efficient cash collection.
Summary of Key Responsibilities;
• Ensure collections book is proactively managed and workload effectively distributed while Liaising with the finance team to provide data and relevant analysis
• Ensure regular reviews of ledger balances including proactive remedies to reduce or eliminate bad debt.
• Manage company exposure to risk via effective credit checking of new and current customers.
• Manage robust debt chase policy and procedures, to ensure customer debt is collected as pre-agreed terms. Ensuring that cash flow is always optimized.
• Regular reviews of ledger balances including proactive remedies to reduce or eliminate bad debt.
• Timely compilation of insurance sales per provider and verification and submission of the claims to the provider.
• Identify changes in payment patterns and propose action to avert overdue accounts.
• Propose to write off of irrecoverable receivables
• Providing ad-hoc reporting as and when requested by management.
• Respond promptly and completely to both external and internal enquiries.
• Ensure outstanding accounts are monitored on a regular basis and appropriate actions are taken to ensure that the collection portfolio remains within acceptable limits through the application of sound credit judgment within policy guidelines.
• Ensure that all communication whether written or oral is in line with the company’s policies and quality standards.
• Improve and implement debt collection processes when there are any overdue invoices or payments, and initiate legal procedures if necessary
Required Skills and Competencies
• Proven credit & collections experience, including legal action, preferably in a technology environment
• Proven experience in managing complex accounts and relationships.
• Proven leadership/people management experience.
• Experience in a service-oriented culture including management of SLAs.
• Thorough understanding of end-to-end Credit and Collections process.
• Proven experience in driving a culture of continuous improvement.
• Active participation in systems improvement/implementation programs
• Good ERP experience.
Primary Areas of Accountability:
• Qualifications and Experience
• Full or Finalist of ACCA, CIMA or CA Zambia
• A degree in Finance/Accountancy will be a plus
• A Minimum of 4-5 Years’ Experience in Finance/Accounting
• Must have a minimum of 2-3 years working in a collections department or credit management function
• Credit Management working experience with a distribution / FMCG or Pharmaceutical Company will be a plus
• Proven experience in executing, tracking, and reporting on a high volume of calls
• Possess strong attention to detail and work with high accuracy
• Possess a strong time and project management skills and you can take ownership of your work
• Possess strong communicator and can confidently and professionally engage with internal and external stakeholders both verbally and in written form
• Possess excellent excel skills (including Google Sheets)
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
If you meet the minimum hiring requirements for the above position, please email your CV and Cover letter clearly stating your salary expectations to: email@example.com and copy in firstname.lastname@example.org
Note that, all communications will be kept in the strictest of confidence. If you do not receive communication within 21 days of the closing date of the advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.