Credit Officer (Commercial Credit Analyst)
Jobs at:Zambia National Building Society
Deadline of this Job:
13 April 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, April 05, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Zambia National Building Society (ZNBS) seeks to recruit a qualified, skilled, motivated, and energetic individual to fill the position of Credit Officer (Commercial Credit Analyst) under the Credit Directorate CREDIT OFFICER (Commercial Credit Analyst) – Head Office, Lusaka (ZNBS 8)
To review and perform quality analysis for Commercial loans to prospective and existing clients in order to ensure that the analyses are accurate to objectively determine and present the credit risk involved
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• To review and conduct accurate and timely credit analysis on all new Commercial loan applications including gathering, spreading, analyzing and interpreting financial information, appraisals and real estate evaluations on existing and prospective customers and portfolios.
• To investigate discrepancies or variances on customers’ financial statements and tax returns; this may entail obtaining information from other sources such as the client, CRB, financial advisors, industry data, or other public records/data.
• To deliver written credit analysis presentations to sanctioning authorities for use in making of lending decisions on new, renewal, and extensions of loans.
• To make Presentations which include recommended loan structure, terms, summary of transaction, history, and interpretation of the financial spreadsheets, credit report summation and conclusions.
• To be responsible for annual portfolio maintenance including: requesting annual financial
statements for all borrowers; underwriting file updates for commercial balances within set
thresholds; obtaining and tracking annual financial statements and risk ratings
• To manage the preparation and completion of the annual commercial lending review.
• To monitor customers’ cash flows to ensure advances and pay downs are in compliance with loan covenants.
• To work with the Manager Credit Operations and other stakeholders to monitor commercial construction projects including reviewing advance requests, tracking overall budget and getting updated inspections as required.
• To be responsible for the completion of management reports including loon exception report, large borrower report, and pipeline report in conjunction with Sales team.
• To ensure that Credit models (including Impairments) are appropriate for the business use and that they are monitored and tracked as per Credit policy.
Qualifications and Experience
• Full Grade 12 School Certificate
• Business Degree in Banking, Finance, Business, Economics, Accounting, or other professional qualifications at equivalent level.
• Strong data analytics and numerical skill
• A minimum of 1 year experience in Commercial lending
• Previous experience in a similar role in a retail bank or financial institution will be an added advantage.
Required competencies/Personal qualities
• Communication Skills
• Analytical skills
• Numerical/Computation Skills
• Problem Solving Skills
• Sensitivity Analysis and Financial covenant models
• Critical thinking skills
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 12
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Appropriately qualified and interested candidates meeting the above credentials must submit an application letter enclosing a detailed curriculum vitae (CV), traceable referees and copies of academic/professional qualifications to the undersigned by Wednesday 13th April 2021 17:00 hours with the position applied for clearly marked on the envelope.
The Director Human Resources
Zambia National Building Society
3rd Floor, Century House Cairo Road
P. O. Box 30420
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.