Director of Finance
Deadline of this Job:
13 May 2022
Date Posted: Monday, May 02, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Director of Finance, using existing DAI finance systems and procedures, will provide leadership for all financial aspects of the project in accordance with United States Government (USG) and USAID regulation and policies including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR). The Director of Finance will manage finance personnel to ensure efficient and effective financial management of the project. The Director of Finance will be based in Lusaka, Zambia and will report to the Team Lead, Operations.
Responsibilities and Key Tasks:
• Ensures full and timely compliance with all DAI finance reporting requirements.
• Develops and maintains reports of status of financial management activities (i.e. monthly and quarterly reporting).
• Monitors and submits advance, commitment, and grant reports as applicable.
• Responsible for ensuring that any/all contractual financial reporting requirements are identified and compiled in a timely and accurate manner.
• Develops and submits other project reports necessary and based on registration requirements to local authorities.
• Conducts regular cash flow analyses to ensure availability of funds and the accurate maintaining of bank balances.
• Ensure accurate and timely processing of invoices, advances and reimbursements and wire transfer payments.
• Manages banking relationships and coordinates periodic updates for bank signatories.
• Reviews and approves bank reconciliations performed by the finance staff.
• Reviews project cost data prior to submitting Oracle data reports to DAI Washington.
• Directs the schedule of financial activities to ensure the timely preparation of reports.
• Ensures non-billable expenses are thoroughly reviewed and are kept to a minimum.
• Ensure the project is in compliance with all tax liabilities and statutory remittances
• Manages and supervises the process for field expense extracts and coordinates with the Project Associate to complete field office to home office expense bi-weekly reporting.
• Responsible for ensuring project assets/inventory report is balanced against the general ledger/FAS prior to submission to USAID.
• Monitors the use of Field Accounting System (FAS) to record daily financial transactions and electronic project filing system and structure on the project server to save all finance documentation
• Conduct review of all transactions entered into field accounting system (FAS) for proper allocation of billable expenses
• Oversee maintenance of hard copy file management systems and uses DAI’s operations system (TAMIS) and Oracle to complete finance functions as required
• Oversee voucher uploads to DAI’s repository for the electronic archival of financial documentation
• Communicate with the Team Lead-Operations on troubleshooting technical issues as well as Home office backstop
• Conduct periodic reviews of backup documentation using the finance checklists to ensure completeness, accuracy, and full compliance with DAI policies and procedures
• Perform and oversee regular spot audits of project files
• Provide monitoring and oversight function on district accountants to ensure that the overall project implementation complies with USAID and DAI regulations and policies.
• Manages information inputs for any financial reporting requirements, or internal reports as necessary
• Ensures the timely and accurate processing and review of all payroll transactions, assuring compliance with established employment agreements and modifications.
• Responsible for providing direction, coaching, and mentoring to project Accounting/Finance staff in Lusaka, regions and districts to ensure compliance with the DAI FOM.
• Managers preparation of internal and external audits
• Supports responses and actions to internal and external audit findings
• Conducts periodic reviews of backup documentation to ensure completeness, accuracy and full compliance with all regulations and the FOM
• Performs regular spot audits on project files
• Ensures adequate backup documentation is uploaded to relevant system according to set deadlines
• Escalate any delays or vendor/other issues to the Team Lead, Operations
• Perform any other duties as assigned by the Team Lead
Reporting and Supervision:
The Finance Director directly reports to the Team Lead, Operations. Direct report: Finance Manager. Indirect reports: Lusaka, Regional and District finance staff.
• ACCA, ZICA, CIMA, CPA or equivalent is required
• Fellow member of ZICA
• 8 years’ experience in financial management of large-scale, complex, international development assistance programs.
• 4 years USAID contact experience is required
• Proven experience in supervisor work that involved direct leadership of professional and support staff, oversight and evaluation of staff performance and deliverables.
• High level of knowledge regarding USG and USAID rules and regulations for grants and contracts is required.
• Leadership in capacity development.
• Demonstrated high professional conduct
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 48
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.