Director of Finance
Jobs at:Rural Electrification Authority
Deadline of this Job:
11 February 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, February 08, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Director of Finance
The Rural Electrification Authority (REA, or the Authority) is a statutory body established pursuant to the enactment of the Rural Electrification Act No. 20 of the Laws of Zambia in 2003 The Mission of the Authority is to facilitate availability and access to sustainable electricity in rural areas so as to contribute to enhanced living standards.
The Authority is looking for suitably candidates who are self-driven, passionate, experienced persons who are excited about development of rural areas of Zambia to fill the following vacant position:
Position: Director of Finance
Duration – fixed term contract
Department: Corporate Management GRADE: REA2 REPORTS TO: Chief Executive Officer LOCATION: Head Office, Lusaka
A Purpose of the Job:
To establish and manage REA’s finance resources, accounting systems, applicable compliances, policies and facilities, ensuring compliance with the highest Zambian public accounting standards and those of support stakeholders.
B. Main Duties and Accountabilities:
• Coordinates the formulation and implementation of internal controls in order to enhance transparency and accountability in the utilization of financial and material resources
• Coordinate the implementation of policies and procedures for the preparation of financial reports on receipts and utilization of funds in order to comply with financial regulations
• Coordinate the timely preparation of annual budgets in order to facilitate mobilization and disbursement of financial resources
• Coordinates the preparation of financial cash-flow projections in order to develop appropriate mechanisms for utilization of funds and ensure spending is in line with approved budgets
• develop mobilisation plans and manage the implementation of financial mobilization strategies in order to ensure collection of funds due to the authority
• Coordinates the designing and implementation of stores policies and systems in order to provide guidelines for stores management
• Coordinates the timely preparation and submission of annual Financial Report in order to comply with financial regulations and facilitate informed decision making
• Manage the timely execution of annual statutory external audit in order to facilitate approval of audited financial statements in line with such story provisions, and ad hoc audits from the Auditor General’s office
• Coordinate the maintenance and updating of the Fixed Asset Register and Capital Work-in progress report in order to ensure transparency and accountability
• Offectively manage the processing of payroll computations in order to facilitate timely payment of staff salaries and statutory obligations
• Manage the timely the development of individual and departmental work plans in order to monitor and evaluate performance
• Effective management of the utilization of human financial and other resources in the
• Department in order to facilitate the attainment of objectives
• Responsible for monitoring and evaluating employee performance, and recommending appropriate development measures to improve employee performance
• Create and foster teamwork environment in the department.
• Undertake other activities as delegated by the CEO;
• Full Grade Twelve Certificate
• Chartered Accountant Qualifications
• Fellow of the Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountants (ZICA)
• Master’s Degree in Finance or related field or MBA is an added advantage
D. Required knowledge and skills:
Experience More than 10 years’ demonstratable experience, of which at least 5 must be at senior management level, leading the financial and administrative function specifically with public or quasi-public institutions in Zambia. Experience developing, revising, and implementing organizational and system financial policies and practices.
The candidate must have strong knowledge of accounting packages such as Pastel SAGE, Office 365 and other management software packages
The candidate should have excellent communication skills to be able to express themselves in a positive and clear manner to the Board, CEO’s office, stakeholders and the rest of the employees
The candidate should possess the following attributes;
• Accountability & Reliability – Takes ownership and responsibility for decisions, actions, and results delivers on commitments. Demonstrates honesty, integrity, and good judgement
• Initiative – Must display a sense of urgency to effectively and efficiently complete a varying workload in a timely manner. Can initiate actions independently, handles unexpected situations, and volunteers to assist others.
• Problem Solving – Ability to proactively identify issues, think critically, and take action by analyzing all the information skillfully to persistently purse positive outcomes. Uses sound judgment about when to take action and when to seek guidance
• Compliance & Quality – Must ensure accuracy, meet established deadlines of work, produce a quality product and show commitment to continuous improvement efforts. Ability to leam, interpret and comply with all organization policies and procedures
• Collaborative – Has a strong work ethic. Brings a track record of working effectively with various and diverse individuals and groups, and a willingness to actively listen and invite different views and opinions across all levels of the institution to build alignment in support of a common goal
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 120
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested persons should submit their application letters and a copy of their national registration cards supported by copies of academic and professional qualifications together with detailed cv’s with 3 traceable referees not later than 11 February 2022 at 17:00 hours
The application letters should be addressed and deposited to:
The Acting Legal Counsel
Rural Electrification Authority
Plot No. 5033, Longolongo Road
Post Net Box 349
Private Bag E891
Applicants should ensure that they sign in a register that will be proof of submission of the application applicants may also send their application via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted applications received later than the closing date shall not be opened and will be disposed of in the manner they authority deems fit.
Rural Electrification Authority is an equal opportunity employer and everyone, regardless of race, colour, religion, sex, marital status, sexual onentation HIV/AIDS status, disability or any other protected characteristic as established by law, is free to apply for any position.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.