Jobs at:Lumwana Mining Company Limited (LMC)
Deadline of this Job:
04 January 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, December 22, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Lumwana Mine, Solwezi, Zambia.
Reporting to: Accounts Payable Supervisor
Lumwana Mining Company Limited (LMC), a copper Mining company owned by Barrick Gold Corporation is situated in the North Western region of Zambia, some 300 km west of the Zambian Copperbelt and 95 km south west of the provincial capital of Solwezi. The mine is a multi-pit, multi staged operation mining approximately 100MT of ore and waste per annum and producing copper concentrates containing an average of 120,000 tonnes of copper metal per year over a twenty (20) year mine life, making Lumwana the largest single open cut copper mine in Africa.
The Company is now looking for an experienced and qualified individual to be considered for the position of Finance Intern.
Reporting to the: Accounts Payable Supervisor, your duties will include but not limited to the following;
• Assist in maintaining an accurate and reliable database of creditors and ensuring prompt payments to suppliers.
• Timely and accurate processing of invoices in Pronto.
• Assist in posting all services in the system (SAP).
• Matching of invoices against purchase order and receipt.
• Receive vendors’ statements monthly.
• Reconciliation of vendor accounts with Vendor monthly statements and following up on reconciling items.
• Assist in resolving vendors’ queries assigned on finance query Helpdesk on time.
• Ensure that queries are actioned within 48 hours from time of allocation.
Experience & Qualifications
• Grade 12 Certificate
• Degree/Diploma in Accounting or equivalent
• Good communication skills
• Computer literate and knowledge in ERP (SAP) will be an added advantage
• Must be proactive and goal oriented
• Willingness to learn
• Attention to detail
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.