Finance Manager (IT & ISP)
Jobs at:Brilliance Executive Management Consultancy
Deadline of this Job:
03 December 2021
Date Posted: Thursday, November 25, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The position of Finance Manager is a Management position reporting to the Chief Executive Officer and is responsible to the Board of Directors for all matters surrounding the Finance ecosystem of the business to ensure the business goals and objectives are met. The individual will be required to ensure adequate controls are in place and oversee the smooth operations of the Finance function including leading engagements with various business stakeholders. The position is a group position and will be responsible to oversee the financial operations of the three legal entities in the Group
Summary of Key Responsibilities;
• Oversee the Finance function of the Group entities including leading the various accounting and finance team members;
• Reviewing and managing the effectiveness of internal controls and ensuring strict adherence to the compliance requirements of the business entities;
• Development of the business strategic plans including forecasts and budgets through engagement of the various stakeholders of the business;
• Ensure that the books of accounts are up to date, accurate and are available on-demand for decision-making purposes;
• Plan and manage cash flow of the Group entities in line with the business requirements from time to time;
• Ensure compliance with the business’ regulatory universe and liaise with the various regulators in a pro-active manner;
• Ensure statutory compliance (including all tax requirements i.e. Income Tax, PAYE, VAT, WHT etc) by liaising with Group Tax.
• Take the lead in managing relations with banks, Audit Firms and Statutory Bodies
• Conduct a weekly review of time sheets and accountability diaries against expenses claims.
• Compile and analyze financial information to prepare financial statements including monthly and annual accounts
• Work closely with the various Heads of divisions to provide support to planning initiatives, financial and management information, appropriate and meaningful reports and recommendations;
• Ensure the accounting support function of the business is performing to SLA and delivering on the various agreed deliverables;
• Ensure the accuracy of data, accounting information and reporting by adhering to the requirements of the International Financial Reporting Standards, Companies Act and other financial frameworks;
• Lead engagements with the various financial services providers working with the business units and legal entities to maintain a good working relationship
• Preparation of Financial Reports for management and Board reporting;
• Ensure adequate control to the expenditure and revenue assurance processes;
• Ensure Cost Optimization across the legal entities and business units to ensure maximum value is derived from expenditure;
• Liaise with executive management on the preparation, tracking, board approval process and management of quarterly and annual budgets that aligns with the strategic objectives; and
• Company Secretarial functions and duties including preparation of Board reports and quarterly Board packs.
Required Skills and Attributes
• Attention to detail
• Excellent Analytical Skills
• Able to work independently
• Ability to plan and prioritize
• Self-motivated, energetic individual who works well in a demanding environment
• High Integrity and Ethical Standards
• Problem-Solving Abilities
• Good communication skills
• Good leadership skills
Qualifications and Experience
• Professional Qualification – Full CA Zambia, ACCA or CIMA
• A Degree in Accountancy or Finance will be a plus
• Must have a minimum of at least 8+ years of relevant work experience, of which 4 years must have been in the same capacity or Senior Management
• Must have worked for an Audit Firm (Any of the Top Five)
• Must be well versed with the ERP and Payroll Systems such as Sage and proficient in MS excel.
• Experience in Technology and Financial Services industries would be an added advantage.
• Must be well vested in Tax and Compliance Management
• Must be a member of ZICA
WOMEN ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 96
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
If you meet the minimum hiring requirements for the above position, please email your CV and Cover letter clearly stating your salary expectations to email@example.com and copy-in firstname.lastname@example.org
Note that, all communications will be kept in the strictest of confidence. If you do not receive communication within 21 days of the closing date of the advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Do not send certificates at this stage
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.