Deadline of this Job:
30 December 2021
Date Posted: Friday, December 17, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
At M-KOPA, We Finance Progress.
The scale and impact of our work is massive. M-KOPA is a fast-growing Fin Tech company offering millions of underbanked customers across Africa access to life-enhancing products and services. From our roots as the pioneer in pay-as-you-go “PayGo’” solar energy for off grid homes, we have grown into one of the most advanced connected asset ﬁnancing platforms in the world, empowering a broad range of customers to achieve progress in their lives.
The Finance Manager will provide financial leadership to the company, including responsibility for the budget, planning, and supporting the M-KOPA Zambia executive team through financial analysis and management ports. You will lead analysts in building actuals, forecasts, budgets, and operational plans for covered businesses or functions.
• Responsible for financial forecasting processes (P&L, cash flow, balance sheet).
• Provide insightful commercial information and financial analysis to guide strategic and operational decisions across the company
• Lead the development of long-term business plans and financial models for M-KOPA Zambia
• Proactively track the company’s financial status and performance across key business functions to continuously identify opportunities for potential improvement.
• Produce and maintain up to date financial reports related to budgets, accounts payable, accounts receivables, and expenses
• Deliver complex analysis, presentation materials on time and at a level of quality appropriate for senior executives
• Lead a team of financial and administrative assistants and provide consistent feedback to improve performance.
• Support financial reporting to business leaders and stakeholders in the company
• Establish and maintain financial policies and procedures.
Experience, Skills & Competencies
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics, or any related field required
• Master’s Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, or related field preferred.
• Five (5) years’ experience in a finance role, including managing a team of financial analysts or associates.
• A proven track record of successfully leading the financial reporting for a business unit, company, or functional area
• Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
• Good decision-making and problem-solving skills and strong attention to detail
• Excellent critical thinking and financial modeling skills.
• Ability to work under pressure and deliver on agreed timelines
• Excellent stakeholder management skills to coordinate across internal teams
• Highly motivated with a strong sense of ownership
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
M-KOPA is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to assembling a diverse, broadly trained staff. Women, minorities, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
M-KOPA does not collect/charge any money as a pre-employment or post-employment requirement. This means that we never ask for ‘recruitment fees’, ‘processing fees’, ‘interview fees’ or any other kind of money in exchange for offer letters or interviews at any time during the hiring process.
Please click here to apply.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.