Jobs at:Recruitment Matters Africa
Deadline of this Job:
25 February 2022
Date Posted: Monday, February 14, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Finance Manager- Lusaka
Our client is a leading provider of total communication solutions in Zambia and is looking for a Finance Manager to join their team
Summary of Role
The Finance Manager is responsible for overall financial operations management, ensuring accuracy in financial reporting, efficient forecast and budgeting process, cash flow planning, statutory compliance and providing management with information relevant to aid decision-making.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Formulate and implement finance objectives and strategies, including financial, currency & interest rate risk, treasury & working capital management policies, cost containment & financial strategies.
• Financial & Operational Management
• Ensure all accounting processes and internal controls are appropriately applied
• Provide information to manage risks and cost control in the company.
• Carry out business modelling and risk assessments.
• Oversee and update the company Fixed Asset Register (FAR).
• Ensure all company projects are adequately accounted for.
• Provide product costing inputs to inform the pricing decisions of the commercial function.
• Responsible for coordinating monthly forecasting inputs for the purpose of business forecasting and other business reviews.
• Develop and implement business models to assess the company’s business performance, significant events and progress against business financial objectives.
• Oversee preparation of all month end, quarterly and annual accounting activities
• Enhance and strengthen accounting systems, processes, tools and control systems.
• Budgeting & Forecasting
• Coordinate timeous preparation and submission of budgets and forecasts.
• Monthly performance reporting and variance analysis plus developing tools to aid analysis of variance and planning.
• Prepare monthly OpEx and CapEx spend control against budget and ensure alignment with budget.
• Coordinate the preparation and timely submission of monthly rolling forecasts.
• Prepare daily cash flow forecasts.
• Organize and coordinate the preparation of year end audits and any other ad hoc audits that may be required.
• Timely preparation of annual audited financial statements.
• Regulatory Compliance & Tax Planning
• Ensuring timely submission of quarterly financial information to Zambia Information
• Communication & Technology Authority (ZICTA) and process payment for annual operating and spectrum fees.
• Ensuring timeous preparation and filing of ZRA returns and payments.
• Liaising with tax authorities on resolution of any tax compliance issues that may arise.
• Support the business on tax issues surrounding product offering and overall strategy.
• Ensuring correct and optimal claims of input VAT
• Assessing and advising on taxation impact on various business initiatives.
• Review of business cases for various products/initiatives for taxation impact.
• Team Management
• Managing and providing leadership to supervised staff, including work distribution, training and managing team performance based on set Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
Ability to develop executive-level reports on critical findings and recommendations;
Strong project planning and process management skills
• Job Role: Finance Manager- Lusaka
• Industry: Accountancy / Finance
• Salary: Negotiable
7 Years of Experience
• Bachelors’ degree in Finance/Accountancy or equivalent
• CIMA/ACCA or ZICA recognized qualification
• At least 7 years’ experience with at least 4 years at management level
• Knowledge of best accounting practices, standards, statues, and regulations regarding financial transaction to help sustain and grow the business
• In-depth understanding and experience in business systems, commercial and contract management
• Highly computer proficient in standard office applications and accounting applications.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 84
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.