Deadline of this Job:
13 March 2022
Date Posted: Monday, February 28, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
PATH is a global nonprofit dedicated to achieving health equity. With more than 40 years of experience forging multisector partnerships, and with expertise in science, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales up innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing health challenges.
PATH Zambia Country Program portfolio includes projects across priority health programs such as Malaria, Nutrition and Immunization, Reproductive Health, Tuberculosis (TB), COVID-19 Support, Antimicrobial Resistance Surveillance as well as Digital Health with funding from various donors.
PATH is seeking to recruit a Finance Officer to assist in the functions of the finance team for the Zambia Country Office. The Finance Officer will work under the direction of the Finance Manager. The incumbent will be based in Lusaka.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
• Review and process invoices registered in the financial system for appropriate and sufficient supporting documentation according to Donor/GAAP and PATH policies.
• Review receivable and payables accounts (program advances, prepayments to vendors and payable control account) regularly and ensure that the accounts in question are cleared on timely basis.
• Review Travel expense reports to ensure that they have complete documentation, accurate, and comply with applicable policies and internal procedures.
• Register necessary transactions for exchange loss/gain in the accounting system
• Book cash deposits on timely basis
• Update payments to the General ledger
• Submit monthly statutory returns (ZRA, NHIMA and NAPSA)
• Pull proof of payments to share with projects who in turn share with the suppliers.
• Ensure that all financial activities are conducted with the approval of appropriate PATH designees for expense approval and technical oversight.
• Review petty cash reconciliations on monthly basis before it is registered in the system for replenishment.
• Do petty cash spot checks and share report with the Finance Manager.
• Prepare bank reconciliations on monthly basis.
• Any other duties assigned by the supervisor.
• Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Accounting, ACCA II, CIMA II, ZICA or equivalent.
• Must be current registered member of ZICA.
• Minimum of three (03) years of experience working for an international NGO.
• Demonstrated strong financial and organizational skills.
• Excellent oral and written communications skills.
• Strong interpersonal and critical thinking skills.
• Excellent organization, attention to detail, and ability to appropriately prioritize competing tasks.
• Effective time management and able to work under time pressure.
• Ability to work with diverse vendors and stakeholders.
• Capacity to collaborate and communicate effectively with team members.
• Proficient in working with MS office computer programs.
• Must have legal authorization to work in Zambia.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.