Finance and Administration Assistant
Jobs at:Ciheb Zambia
Deadline of this Job:
21 January 2022
Date Posted: Monday, January 17, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Finance and Administration Assistant
Ciheb-Zambia is a non-profit local Zambian organisation supporting Ministry of Health to scale up comprehensive HIV prevention and testing services and find the best solutions to life threatening situations among communities in Zambia. Ciheb-Zambia is also supporting the roll out of COVID-19 vaccine with funding from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Ciheb-Zambia will support the Government of the Republic of Zambia (GRZ) to implement the SARS-CoV-2 vaccination strategy to reduce morbidity and mortality from COVID-19. The project will focus on strengthening COVID-19 vaccine implementation through delivery of high-quality virtual and in-person training, supervision, oversight of service providers, enhancing passive surveillance of adverse events following immunization (AEFI) through digital data collection and evaluation of COVID-19 vaccination implementation to improve program performance at the provincial health office.
Ciheb Zambia invites applicants from interested candidates to apply for the position of Finance Administration Assistant under the Community Impact to Reach Key and underserved Individuals for Treatment and Support (CIRKUITS/CDC COVID-19 vaccine project)
Position Title: Finance Administration Assistant
The Finance and Administration Assistant (FAA) will manage the day to day finance and administration operations of the provincial office and will perform the following duties:
Duties and Responsibilities
Finance duties and responsibilities
• Maintaining the cash float of provincial office operational funds and act as the organization’s known Bank Agent
• Ensure that all staff advances are liquidated and sent to Lusaka timely (after each trip, meeting or training)
• Effect timely payments of allowances to participants attending trainings/meetings
• Ensure that funds meant to support the socio-economic activities under the DREAMS intervention are requested for on time, processed and fully accounted for.
• Ensure that all financial transactions are well documented for future reference and auditing.
Administration duties and responsibilities
• Supervise the Drivers and Office Assistant/Cleaner Facilitate timely completion and submission of timesheets, Leave forms and other key documentation to Lusaka Human Resource and Administration.
• Ensure effective management of provincial offices (lease, security, cleaning services, utilities) etc.
• Ensure motor vehicles above 5,000km and those needing repairs are serviced timely
• Prepare the monthly fuel reports and submit to Lusaka accordingly Procurement
• Assist in the procurement of local goods and services for the Provincial Office and raising requisitions for payment and ensure the vendors used are on the approved vendors list
• Conduct Lexus searches for all vendors for every transaction
• Ensure that all vendor invoices and receipts are collected and sent to Lusaka
• Manage the inventory/stores at the provincial Office
• Ensure complete documentation and signing for all goods received or dispatched for use by the various departments/beneficiaries.
Skills and Experience
• Knowledge and experience in administrative; financial accounting and full range of office support work, with a high level of sustained performance.
• Thorough knowledge and use of all relevant computer software and the ability to help organize data and information retrieval systems.
• Strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills.
• Work with minimal supervision
• Grade 12 School Certificate
• Diploma in Accounting and Finance / CIMA II /ACCA II or equivalent from a recognized college/university
• Minimum of (3) years’ work experience in Finance and Administration
• Computer literate in Excel and Word
• Knowledge in accounting packages such as quick books, sunsytem, pastel etc. will be an added advantage.
Applicants from Chipata are highly encouraged to apply for this position.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.