Finance and Administration Officer
Jobs at:WWF Zambia
Deadline of this Job:
11 December 2021
Date Posted: Saturday, November 27, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Job Title Finance and Administration Officer
Department/Projects Climate Change Adaptation in Forest and Agricultural Mosaic Landscapes
Location WWF Zambia Country Office
Report Project Manager, WWF Zambia (Dotted line to Finance Manager)
Contract Tenure 2 years renewable up to a maximum of 3 years
Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) with funding from the Global Environmental Facility (GEF) has awarded World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF) to implement the Climate Change Adaptation in Forest and Agricultural Mosaic Landscapes Project. The Project will use a landscape approach that engages and strengthens uptake and diffusion of technologies and practices for adaptive capacity through Forest and Farm Producer Organisations (FFPOs), Farmer Field Schools, viable cooperatives, and other community- based organizations within local communities, including community forestry. The Project will be implemented in four districts namely Petauke and Nyimba in Eastern Province and Sioma and Sesheke in Western Province.
The World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF) Zambia will be responsible for executing the project, in close collaboration with the Zambian Forestry Department (FD), Ministry of Agriculture and the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO). WWF Zambia will coordinate activities with national bodies related to the different project components, as well as with the project partners. The project will use the existing Project Advisory Committee (PAC) as the main body linking the project to relevant national bodies. The project will also use existing Project Provincial Technical Committees (PPSC), one in Eastern Province and one in Western Province, as the main bodies governing the project activities undertaken in the respective provinces.
Scope Of Work
Overseeing the general accounting processing, administration, providing timely and accurate accounting information; and evaluating vendors, negotiating contracts and preparing reports (e.g. on orders and costs.)
Administer and Coordinate Financial Systems:
• Maintain records and documentation
• Ensure appropriate policies, procedures, and processes are followed
• Support and input into the forecasting and budgeting
• Ensure cost recoveries are done, recorded and compiled according to WWF standards and policies, and provide monthly reports on status of cost recovery
• Support timely and accurate posting of transactions in the system
• Ensure all balance sheet accounts are clean, accurate and are cleared in a timely manner as per WWF procedures
• Review and ensure completeness of payments
• Support the Procurement process
Supervise, Review and Compliance:
• Ensure consistent application of WWF Network Standards in projects and programmes in all accounting related matters.
• Plan and coordinate project specific audits.
• Implement audit recommendations in relation to general accounting issues in a timely manner.
Facilitate procurement of Goods and Services
• Research potential vendors
• Compare and evaluate offers from suppliers
• Negotiate contract terms of agreement and pricing
• Track orders and ensure timely delivery
• Maintain updated records of purchased products, delivery information and invoices
• Prepare reports on purchases, including cost analyses
• Monitor stock levels and place orders as needed
• Evaluate and monitor contracts to be sure that vendors and supplies comply with the terms and conditions of the contract and to determine the need for changes
• Maintain and review records of items bought, costs, deliveries, product performance, and inventories
• Work out agreements with suppliers, such as when products will be delivered
• Evaluate suppliers based on price, quality, and delivery speed
• Interview vendors and visit suppliers’ plants and distribution centers to examine and learn about products, services, and prices
Qualifications And Experience
• At least 5 years’ experience in accounting and finance of International NGOs or in the private sector
• A university degree in Commerce, Accounting or Finance
• Full professional accounting qualification i.e. CPA, ACCA is preferred, but not mandatory.
• Demonstrable skills in the development of finance and accounting policies, procedures and systems in the context of an International NGO.
• Good knowledge of fund accounting including reporting requirements of major bi-lateral aid agencies.
• Membership to relevant statutory professional bodies.
• Hands-on knowledge of the major Oracle, ERP software and excel would be a distinct advantage,
• Excellent English and knowledge of local languages is an asset.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Email a pdf cover letter and Curriculum Vitae clearly indicating the position applied for to firstname.lastname@example.org. Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and the advert may close before the stated closing date.
• Deadline for receiving applications is 11th December, 2021.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.