Finance and Operations Director
Jobs at:RTI International
Deadline of this Job:
15 March 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, March 02, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Finance and Operations Director
RTI is seeking a Finance and Operations Director for the USAID Expanding Water and Sanitation Project. The purpose of the project is to professionalize WASH services, to promote accountability for reliable and high-quality WASH services, and to enhance the enabling environment for private sector engagement (PSE) in service delivery in underserved areas.
The Finance and Operations Director will lead all project finance and operations, including general administrative processes, financial management, procurement, accounting, administration, HR, IT, and logistics. This position will be based in Lusaka with the need to travel to provincial areas throughout the program implementation period. The Finance and Operations Director will directly report to the Chief of Party.
To apply please send you CV to Zambia.firstname.lastname@example.org and include the title of the position you are applying for in the subject line. RTI is an equal opportunity employer. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Support the Chief of Party in all technical, operational and management aspects of the project, ensuring all activities are compliant with USAID and RTI rules and regulations.
Ensure efficient and compliant administration of the project and oversee all financial, procurement and operational areas of responsibility. Manage team of professionals in operational management and support roles, providing strong oversight and supervision.
• Coordinate the development, implementation and reporting on detailed management plans that may include but are not limited to: implementation plans, deliverable tracking, financial analysis, risk forecasting and mitigation, etc., in assigned areas of responsibility.
• Monitor and review project budget and expenditures, financial forecasts, working with Home Office, International Regional Office and local counterparts to ensure compliance with corporate and client regulations.
• Responsible to ensure project financial goals are met.
• Collaborate with Chief of Party to identify, mitigate and manage risks and actively participates in the resolution of performance issues with project staff and sub-contractors or sub-awardees.
• Assist Chief of Party in managing all aspects of staffing and creating/maintaining a clear organizational structure with appropriate operational controls, specific roles, responsibilities and reporting lines.
• Coordinate and oversee the operation of regional offices.
• Build successful relationships with colleagues, donors, and partners to develop project success.
• Ensure adherence to USAID and RTI financial and accounting policies and procedures consistent with various laws and regulations.
• Conduct monthly operational team meetings to review progress, discuss operational goals, and adjust activity administration tactics as required.
• Provide expertise knowledge related to designing and delivering systems for donor-funded financial management and reporting, training staff and partners on value-for-money principles and due diligence, instituting financial systems, and preparing and managing budgets.
• Interact with various levels and locations of the organization for project management, technical and operational support to the project.
• Master’s degree in business administration, economics, accounting international development, or related field with 10 years of experience, or Bachelor’s degree in related technical field with 12 years of professional experience.
• Minimum of 7 years of experience managing finance and administration of a donor-funded activity.
Demonstrated experience administering and managing complex grant programs, including experience with procedures to monitor, evaluate, and report on grant implementation and expenditures.
Experience developing and/or maintaining budget tracking tools.
• Strong skills in budgeting, donor reporting, grants management and accountably, organizational risk, internal audits, and organizational capacity assessment and development. Demonstrated skills in building, mobilizing, and leading multidisciplinary teams.
• Substantive experience working with counterparts at various levels of government, private sector leaders, community groups, and other WASH and sanitation stakeholders.
• Proven ability to work under pressure, and with multiple concurrent demands.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to travel and work in any of the three provinces and difficult terrain/conditions at times.
• Proficiency in English is required.
• Work experience in Zambia required.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 84
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.