Finance and Operations Officer
Jobs at:Copper Rose Zambia (CRZ)
Deadline of this Job:
11 January 2022
Date Posted: Sunday, January 09, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Copper Rose Zambia (CRZ) is the largest youth-led organization working towards the empowerment of youth and women in Zambia. Our mission is to make a difference in the lives of women and youth through education and empowerment so that they may exhibit autonomy in order to reach their full potential and be effective leaders and agents of change in their communities. We envision a world in which every woman and young person is happy, healthy and living to their full potential. Our main thematic areas of work are 1) Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights(SRHR), 2) Menstrual Health Management (MHM), 3) Economic Empowerment and 4) Leadership and Mentorship.
CRZ is seeking 1 Finance Officer and 3 Finance Assistants. The recruits will provide effective financial and accounting support to the Senior Finance and Operations Officer (SFOO) and the CRZ team. They will implement and as needed manage various financial and accounting systems, processes and procedures while adhering to all CRZ financial policies as well as good accounting practices (IPSAS).
Job title: Finance and Operations Officer- Kitwe
The Finance and Operations Officer will be responsible for providing day-to-day financial, administrative and logistical support for the SDHP Project provincial level activities. The Officer will support the Senior Finance Officer in meeting the day-to-day financial needs for the projects to maintain daily operations in efficient and effective manners. The Officer supports financial arrangements and local support for project activities, facilitates local procurement processes and procedures, maintains proper files and filing systems, and helps assure good communication and coordination with partners. The position will also provide support to technical staff and consultants in the preparation of budgets, reports and other project documents.
• Performs data entry into the finance software. Entering payment vouchers, writing checks through Quick Books and entering expense reports.
• Serve as agent for the CRZ bank accounts.
• Receives and reviews for proper documentation and calculation of all expenses reports and issues reminders to ensure retirements are made according to the CRZ policies.
• Maintains a monthly accruals sheet of all outstanding advances by funding and program area. This is to be shared with SDHP Finance Manager by the 15th of each month.
• Prepares bi-weekly cash flow projections to the HOFO
• Provides analytical, forecasting, reporting and project support to Program teams
• Perform other duties as may be assigned by the HOFO
• Bachelors in Accounts/Finance Accounting training qualification NATECH/ZICA, part qualified ACCA/CIMA.
• 3 -4 years’ experience in a responsible office
• Experience in accounting for projects funded by international donors (knowledge of USAID Contracts regulations preferred)
• Strong computer skills including Quickbooks, Excel, Word PowerPoint and Word
• Demonstrated integrity and work ethic;
• Able to handle a variety of assignments sometimes under pressure of deadlines;
• Willing to work on wide range of tasks
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.