Jobs at:Recruitment Matters Africa
Deadline of this Job:
06 February 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, January 25, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Our client is looking for a Financial Controller to join their team
• Prepare, examine, and analyse accounting records, financial statements, and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
• Compute taxes owed and prepare tax returns, ensuring compliance with payment, reporting and other tax requirements.
• Analyse business operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations, to project future revenues and expenses or to provide advice.
• Report to management regarding the finances of establishment.
• Establish tables of accounts, and assign entries to proper accounts.
• Develop, maintain, and analyse budgets, preparing periodic reports that compare budgeted costs to actual costs.
• Develop, implement, modify, and document recordkeeping and accounting systems, making use of current computer technology.
• Prepare forms and manuals for accounting and bookkeeping personnel, and direct their work activities.
• Survey operations to ascertain accounting needs and to recommend, develop, and maintain solutions to business and financial problems.
• Advise management about issues such as resource utilization, tax strategies, and the assumptions underlying budget forecasts.
• Provide internal and external auditing services for businesses and individuals.
• Advise clients in areas such as compensation, employee health care benefits, the design of accounting and data processing systems, and long-range tax and plans.
• Represent company before taxing authorities and provide support during litigation involving financial issues.
• Appraise, evaluate, and inventory real property and equipment, recording information such as the property's description, value, and location.
• Interacting with Computers -- Using computers and computer systems (including hardware and software) to program, write software, set up functions, enter data, or process information.
• Analysing Data or Information -- Identifying the underlying principles, reasons, or facts of information by breaking down information or data into separate parts.
• Processing Information -- Compiling, coding, categorizing, calculating, tabulating, auditing, or verifying information or data.
• Getting Information -- Observing, receiving, and otherwise obtaining information from all relevant sources.
• Documenting/Recording Information -- Entering, transcribing, recording, storing, or maintaining information in written or electronic/magnetic form.
• Establishing and Maintaining Interpersonal Relationships -- Developing constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintaining them over time.
• Organizing, Planning, and Prioritizing Work -- Developing specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
• Communicating with Supervisors, Peers, or Subordinates -- Providing information to supervisors, coworkers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person
• Active Listening
• Critical Thinking
• Judgment and Decision Making
• Active Learning
• Reading Comprehension
• 5 Years of Experience
• Relevant accounting degrees and qualifications
• Mathematics -- Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
• Economics and Accounting -- Knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices, the financial markets, banking and the analysis and reporting of financial data.
• English Language -- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.