Jobs at:Planned Parenthood Association Zambia
Deadline of this Job:
14 June 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, June 02, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Who We Are
Planned Parenthood Association of Zambia (PPAZ) is non-governmental organisation which has existed since 1972 as a voluntary, not-for-profit and non-political organisation advancing the cause of sexual and reproductive health in Zambia. It is a Member Association of the International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF).
Our vision is realisation of a society in which all people in Zambia enjoy equal sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR) and have access to quality and affordable SRH information and services.
Our mission is to advocate for sexual and reproductive health rights of women, men and young people, especially the vulnerable, and to empower them to make free and informed reproductive health choices. We dedicate ourselves to the provision of high quality and sustainable youth-focused sexual and reproductive health services.
Financial Manager (One Position Maternal Health Project (Mhp)
The Finance Manager will be responsible for the budget planning, and supports the Maternal Health Project (MHP) team by offering insights and financial advice that will allow them to make the best business decisions for the project.
Responsible for the recruitment and people management of the project Finance Team, part of a multi-disciplinary team that will oversee implementation of the programme. Oversight of financial management & reporting for the programme ensuring effective project financial management and reporting systems are in place at the Member Association that deliver timely and accurate financial reporting and meet the financial compliance requirements of the donors.
• To ensure compliance with internal and external reporting requirements on activities and programmes.
• Oversight of VFM framework
• Work with country consortium partners to ensure proper reporting systems and strategies are in place
• Decision making authority for finance related matters
• Training needs / capacity building requirements in-country
• To provide advice and support to Country Finance staff on project related financial issues and requirements, including templates and guidelines.
• To ensure gender is effectively mainstreamed within the remit of the post and in line with IPPF’s Gender Equality Policy.
• To build and maintain positive relationships with all members of staff, and contacts within and outside the Federation.
• To become familiar with the Federation’s Health and Safety Programme and Guidelines for using Visual Display Units. To do everything possible to ensure a healthy and safe working environment, including following instructions and guidance.
• Provide technical review and input to country teams on budget and cost application development and project reporting as required
• To provide in-house training to staff on financial and contractual compliance as required; arrange external training as maybe required (with support from Regional Finance Manager)
Education & qualifications
• Grade 12 with 5 ‘O’ levels
• Bachelor of Accountancy Degree
• Full Professional Qualification in accounting such as ZICA, ACCA, CIMA
• A Member of Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountants (ZICA)
• At least a minimum Experience of Seven (7) years
• Proven experience in the preparation of budgets, their implantation and monitoring actual against budgeted expenditures and incomes.
• Proven ability in Financial Reporting i.e. Management and Final Accounts, Fund.
• Relevant experience in managing financial operations of organisations of a similar or larger size.
• Excellent levels of interpersonal skills to disseminate information, communicate strategic direction, deal sensitively and fairly with all stakeholders and suitably resolve conflict where necessary.
• Experience with handling donor aided funding will be an added advantage
• Strong and strategic financial acumen.
• Plan and implement improvement strategies.
• Excellent knowledge and skills in Microsoft Office products (e.g. Excel).
• Inspire and motivate staff.
• Ability to communicate the vision.
• Ability to effectively manage change.
• Ability to effectively liaise with partner organisations.
• Strong client service orientation.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
Other personal attributes
• The candidate must adhere to the safeguarding reporting and monitoring requirements of this role
• The candidate must be pro-choice.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 84
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
PPAZ is an equal opportunity employer. Please send your application letter and CV as one document clearly marking the position you are applying to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date of receiving applications is 14th June, 2022 at 13:00hrs.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Awarding of these positions is subject to approval of project funding
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.