Food & Beverage Manager
Jobs at:Mika Convention Cente
Deadline of this Job:
Wednesday, April 19 2023
Date Posted:Wednesday, April 19 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. ensure that department goals are communicated, understood and met
2. coordinate tasks and work with other departments to ensure the departments run smoothly
3. work with management in ensuring new staff are properly inducted
4. address guest concerns and request and issues either individually or with help of management
5. conduct day to day shifts and oversee department operations
6. conduct shift briefings and ensure shift coverage
7. Serve as an individual contributor and department role model by performing technical and functional job duties. E.g. serving guests
8. To ensure that the most suitably qualified person is appointed in the event of a vacancy – wherever possible this should be an internal promotion.
9. ensure maximum security in all areas under your control.
10. liaise with customers regarding special functions.
11. ensure that flower arrangements and tables are set correctly
12. ensure that stations have their correct mise-en-place.
13. ensure that faults and defects are reported to Maintenance and auctioned without delay.
14. maintain high standards of morale and personal appearance of all staff.
15. ensure fair and equitable discipline, yet complying with house or company regulations.
16. To be aware of all statutory regulations affecting safety and ensure that any safety hazard is rectified.
17. To ensure that all stocks and supplies are requested on time, correct stock levels maintained
18. ensure regular stocktaking of all operating equipment at specified intervals.
19. ensure that operating equipment is used properly and not abused, e.g. serviettes and waiters’ cloths used for cleaning.
20. To ensure effective communication by attending meetings as required and holding staff meetings on a regular basis
21. hold regular On-the-Job training sessions to ensure that staff can perform their duties correctly.
22. To give feedback on guest comments.
23. making suggestions for realistic improvements.
24. You will be expected to undertake any other assignments that management may require you to do from time to tim
25. Assists in hiring and coaching of full time and student staff as needed to maintain adequate staffing levels. Select, train, evaluate, lead, motivate, coach , and discipline all employees, and supervisors in the Hotel’s Conference and Banquet Department to ensure that established cultural and core standards are met; daily activities and planning for outlet operation.
26. Must provide genuinely friendly, positive and professional guest service and the ability to be visible in the operation, provide recognition, promote good public relations, and handle complaints, concerns or special requests for guests, clients, and group contacts
27. Analyzing and coordinate banquet event orders (BEOs) to accurately execute events through expertise and hotel standards, communicate directly with group contacts. Catering Managers, and event organizers to ensure that all details of the function are carried out, ensure quality and timeliness of all food items, as well as provide knowledge of wine and spirits in an elegantly appointed environment dedicated to an attentive and distinctive experience
28. Maintains a strong presence on the floor before, during and after banquet functions to ensure hotel standards and guest expectations are met
29. Assists with monthly/quarterly inventory of department’s china, glassware and silverware and Control labor and operating expenses through effective scheduling, budgeting, and purchasing decisions.
30. Attend regular operational meetings to ensure effective coordination and cooperation between departments.
31. Assists with proper set-up and teardown of events and equipment, ensuring items are stored appropriately and observe physical conditions of facilities and equipment in the banquet area and make recommendations for corrections.
32. You will be required to generate contracts for vendors wishing to hire out the amphitheatre. In liason with management, you will be expected to review and revise the rates from time to time.
33. Expected to meet and negotiate with relevant authorities (external) for sponsorship when hosting events. Expected to negotiate and engage in Return on Sale contracts with suppliers for one off events.
34. To ensure that the agreed budgeted targets are achieved or bettered.
35. To ensure that the food and liquor costs are maintained at their agreed levels a nd that the correct profit margins are achieved.
36. To ensure a prompt, courteous response and follow up to all enquiries.
37. To ensure that once a booking is confirmed, all details and requirements are noted, using a check list, so that nothing is forgotten, e.g., number of covers, where to assemble, where to serve, details of menu, plan of tables, list of guests, drinks, aperitifs, wines, liqueurs, spirits, and whether per-ordered or cash, cigars, cigarettes, entertainment, etc.
38. To liaise or ensure liaison with the client a few days before the function to confirm exact numbers, in turn informing the appropriate departmental heads
39. To ensure that bands, discos, or entertainment have been booked as directed.
40. To ensure that duty rosters are compiled, making certain that adequate numbers of experienced permanent and casual waiting staff will be on duty.
41. Ensure the checking of the function room, for cleanliness before guests arrive, table layout and stipulated specific requirements to enable shortcomings to be rectified.
42. To greet the host and circulate during the course of the function to ensure availability in the event of a problem or complaint
43. To ensure that all staff are correctly and smartly dressed at all times.
44. To ensure effective briefing of waiting staff before the function commences.
45. To ensure that bar and waiting staff know the limit of open bars and that this is not exceeded.
46. To check equipment against the function checklist to ensure that no items have been misappropriated or mislaid.
47. To ensure maximum security of all areas under your control, paying particular attention to valuable assets, e.g. silverware
48. To ensure that all items are used for their correct purpose and not abused, e.g. knives used as screwdrivers, table-cloths or napkins used for cleaning.
49. To carry out or ensure that regular On-the-Job Training is carried out to enable staff to perform their duties correctly.
50. To prepare and submit on the required format all information necessary for budgeting purposes accurately
51. You will be expected to undertake any other assignments that management may require you to do from time to time
Liaises with (Internal):
1. Housekeeping Executive
2. Front of House Manager
3. Maintenance Manager
4. Security Manager
6. Head Chef
Liaises with (External):
3. Events manager
1. A Good standard of spoken and written English
2. Excellent food and beverage knowledge
3. Team Player
1. Full Grade twelve Certificate
2. Advanced diploma in Hotel Management, Food and beverage, General hospitality or any related programme of study. Degree shall be an added advantage.
3. Must be Computer Literate
1. At least 10 years’ experience in a well-established full-service hotel, restaurant or and/or minimum of 5 year in management role.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 84
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.