Jobs at:ActionAid Zambia (AAZ)
Deadline of this Job:
17 December 2021
Date Posted: Tuesday, December 14, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
ActionAid Zambia (AAZ) is part of the ActionAid Global (AAG) Federation; sharing common values and aims to drive social change towards a just, equitable and sustainable world. AAZ works with marginalized and excluded women and young people, their organizations, and movements to address the structural causes of social injustice, gender inequality and poverty.
ActionAid Zambia has been awarded a project focusing on women’s rights and therefore is seeking to recruit an experienced and suitably qualified individual to fill the position of FUNDRAISING MANAGER.
Contract Duration: 2 Year Fixed Term
Purpose of The Role:
The Fundraising Manager will be be responsible for fundraising activities of ActionAid Zambia. He or she will lead the identification of existing and new funding opportunities and support the proposal development team in the fundraising process.
1. Explore existing and alternative funding options suitable for ActionAid Zambia funding needs
2. Oversee sponsorship funding operations to ensure quality and timely management of funding and sponsorship communications
3. Undertake donor scoping and mapping in line with Country Strategy Paper (CSP)
4. Lead in updating the Fundraising Strategy in line with the Country Strategy Paper
5. Undertake go/no go analysis for available funding opportunities
6. Oversee the maintenance of a sponsorship funding base through the recruitment, retention and relationship management of sponsors and the children they support
7. Oversee maintenance of sponsorship targets, standards, and communication as well as sharing of learning on sponsorship developments
8. Compile comprehensive quarterly and annual fundraising reports
9. Monitor donor activities to ensure that relationships, follow-up, and reporting are being managed appropriately
10. Negotiates implementation of contracts and MoUs with donors and partners
11. Support proposal development teams in the fundraising process
12. Identify new and potential funding mechanisms/opportunities in Zambia, regional and donor community
13. Collate intelligence/mapping of opportunities already available at country program and regional levels
14. Lead in the implementation of resource mobilization strategy through contextualization of the AAI Global Funding policies and strategies to Zambia context
15. Build alliances with donors, corporations and NGOs to support ActionAid Zambia work
16. Responsible for diversification of programme funding to achieve a healthy mix of sponsorship and institutional donor funding.
1. MBA or Master’s degree in Social Sciences or its equivalent from a recognized University
2. Demonstrated understanding of national and international aid environment and trends
3. Conversant with national socio-economic and political environment
4. Proven research, analytical, communication and report writing skills
5. Good contacts and relationships with people working in donor agencies nationally
6. At least 7 years professional experience in inter-institutional relationship management, programme development and fundraising
Other Request Competences:
1. Demonstrate understanding of the AAZ’s priorities and goals and effectively analyses complex problems.
2. Overcome resistance to change by involving others, listening and building commitment.
3. Expresses ideas clearly and concisely; disseminates information about decisions and plans.
4. Acts in accordance with stated values; follows through on promises; uses ethical considerations to guide decisions and actions.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 84
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
To apply, please send a cover letter and Curriculum Vitae highlighting how you match the criteria in the Job Description to the following email address; email@example.com; @actionaid.org
Alternatively, applications can be sent to The Human Resources, ActionAid Zambia, P.O Box 51407, Lusaka. Closing date for receipt of applications is Friday 17th December 2021 at 17:00 hours.
ActionAid is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified women below the age of 35 years are encouraged to apply. Please Note: While we value all applications, we can only respond to short listed and candidates finalist. ActionAid’s Website: www.actionaid.org/zambia.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.