Grant Accountant – Chikwa Project
Jobs at:WorldVision Zambia
Deadline of this Job:
13 February 2022
Date Posted: Monday, January 31, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Grant Accountant – Chikwa Project
World Vision Zambia (WVZ) Limited is a faith-based Organization dealing with Relief aid, Development, and Advocacy dedicated to working with children, families, and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. WVZ is part of World Vision International and serves all people regardless of religion, race, tribe, or gender. We are currently working on 38 large-scale programs in over 30 districts in Zambia.
Location: Lusaka, Zambia
Purpose of the Position:
To assist Grant Finance Department under the WASH technical program specifically the Chikwa WASH project in coordinating grant reporting and reviewing all grant documentation for compliance with Donor requirements and regulation, Review implementation of policies and ensure that all the grants maintain financial records by preparing accounting reports and statements according to Generally Accepted Accounting Standards and reconciling accounts and implementing policies, systems, and internal controls in order to promote stewardship of World Vision Zambia resources.
Ensure stakeholder satisfaction as well as donor retention through reporting, liaison of financial information that is complete, accurate, relevant and reliable.
Grant Budgeting and Funding
• Revise the Grant budget whenever there is an amendment to ensure that cash/activity forecast are approved by donor for implementation
• Ensure budget availability before an activity is initiated
Grant Monitoring and Compliance
• Budgetary control-monitoring that expenditure is according to the agreed and approved budget
• Ensuring that expenditure is in compliance with donor regulations
Disbursement and Payment reviews
• Review of payment request voucher to ensure sufficient and appropriate documentation, that it is properly coded and costs are according to cost principles (i.e. allowable, allocable and reasonableness)
• Manage the balance sheet accounts of the grants which include among other things cash, bank balances, staff advances, payables and receivables
• Prepare Bank reconciliations
Audits and Risk Management
• Facilitating both external and internal audit
• Ensuring that audit recommendations are implemented within the prescribed time.
Collaboration and Capacity Building
• Train partners in grant financial management and reporting
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience:
• A bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or any finance related degree
• Additional professional qualifications such CIMA, ACCA and CA is added advantage.
• Knowledge of SunSystems, Vision, CAL/DOS Allocation Methodology and other computer related financial/accounting system and budgeting is necessary
• Minimum of three years of experience in grant accounting is required with a preference for USAID/UKAID/EU/PNSF and other government grant experience.
• Ability to adapt in different work environments: office based and field work (rural and peri-urban)
• Ability to work in a cross-cultural environment, and must be a mature Christian.
“World Vision Zambia is committed to the protection of children and adult beneficiaries from all forms of abuse and sexual exploitation. All employment is conditional upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks”.
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Applications to be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org Applications will close on 13 February 2022. Only those who meet the requirements will be contacted. Women are strongly encouraged to apply; ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted! Custom Search
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.