Grants Acquisition Specialist
Jobs at:World Vision
Deadline of this Job:
20 January 2022
Date Posted: Sunday, January 09, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
World Vision Zambia (WVZ) Limited is a faith-based Organization dealing with Relief aid, Development, and Advocacy dedicated to working with children, families, and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. WVZ is part of World Vision International and serves all people regardless of religion, race, tribe, or gender. We are currently working on 38 large-scale programs in over 30 districts in Zambia.
Position: Grants Acquisition Specialist
Reporting to: Associate Director, Grants Acquisition
• Support the identification of new funding opportunities to meet funding gaps and/or growth in program/projects which respond to needs in target communities.
• Support the development of donors and partner engagement materials
• Identify and lead proposal development teams to pursue opportunities for funding, which are aligned with World Vision Zambia Limited strategic priorities, in a professional and timely manner.
• Conduct partner due diligence and partner capacity assessments in accordance with World Vision International policies.
• Lead and/or support project start-up workshops and ensure quality handover of proposal design and donor expectations/requirements to the project operations team once the proposal is funded.
• Support the development and monitor the implementation of the resource acquisition strategy and business plan, including reporting GAM metrics.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience:
• University Degree in a relevant discipline(social sciences, International development or any other related field)
• Minimum of 4 years work experience in an international NGO
• Minimum of 2 years mobilizing funding from bi-lateral,multi-lateral and large private funders
• Relevant experience in managing relationships with donors and partners and understanding of the key donor requirements(e.g USAID,EU,FCDO,UNICEF,UNDP,World Bank)
• Work experience with International Organisations,large NGOs and /or Governmental development Agencies
• Proven skills and experience in project management and programme development
• Experience of log frame and partner collaboration preferred Ability to work in a cross-cultural environment, and must be a mature Christian.
“World Vision Zambia is committed to the protection of children and adult beneficiaries from all forms of abuse and sexual exploitation. All employment is conditional upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks”.
Applications will close on 20 January 2022. Only those who meet the requirements will be contacted.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 48
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.