Information Technology Officer
Jobs at:Plan International Zambia
Deadline of this Job:
02 March 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, February 22, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Information Technology Officer
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-governmental organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it is girls who are most affected. Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries. Child protection is key in all that we do.
Working in Zambia since 1996, Plan International Zambia’s development and capacity building programmes focus primarily on Education, Health, Water and Sanitation, Economic Security and Youth Empowerment, including Child Protection and Participation. Plan International Zambia has Programme Areas (PAs) in; Central, Luapula, and Eastern Provinces including in Lusaka, where the Country Office is located
We are looking for experienced and vibrant self-starters to fill the following positions:
Information Technology Officer – LUAPULA AND CENTRAL PROGRAM AREAS
The purpose of the Information Technology Officer is to provide information technology support services; manage archiving, data, systems optimization, infrastructure, and assets; and maintain information communications technology to ensure the innovative and effective use of ICT resources in Plan’s work in Zambia. Th position will support our offices in Luapula and Central Program Areas and will report to the Information Technology Coordinator.
• Internet Connectivity deployment Local Area Network Deployment, monitoring and support.
• Computer Hardware troubleshooting (Laptop, Desktop, Server failure, Active Directory Support, Printer, Scanner Fault support and associated IT equipment)
• Systems Administration and Support to Windows Server 2012 R2, Server 2016, Server 2019 Operating Systems and Installation, Troubleshooting and Support to Windows 10/11 Operating Systems.
• Support Configuring, setup testing and user guidance on Plan Corporate Systems and other third-party software.
• Archiving user profiles outlook mail files for staff, creation of knowledge management documentation for corporate systems, filing of job cards, local area network (LAN) diagrams, supplier contracts and invoices for purchased equipment and services.
• Support Implementation of ICT4D Projects and Initiatives
• Support strengthen user compliance to global and local IT procedures and policies through continuous awareness raising.
• Provide input in the identification of areas of risk by providing regular analysis reports of IT infrastructure in relation to Plan regulations to mitigate the risks.
Educational Qualifications and Experience:
• Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering or related discipline.
• A minimum of 3 years work related experience in a similar role.
• Membership of ICTAZ.
• Database Administration skills.
• IT technical skills in infrastructure and applications.
• Strong analytical and logical ability.
• Microsoft Certified Systems Professional.
• Experience and knowledge of working in development sector.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Windows 10, Windows Server 2012/2016/2019, SQL Server, Exchange server 365, MS Office 365 and communication Technologies.
• Ability to use Gender Transformative approaches to development.
• Project management skills.
• Analyses issues and evidence in context – builds the evidence-base by analysing issues in their context, using appropriate methods and relevant data sources.
• Plan work, anticipate risks, and set goals within area of responsibility.
• Team player with problem solving skills.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Strong team player and motivational skills.
• Strong negotiating and influencing skills.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
To apply, kindly send through your application letter, copies of NRC, Qualifications and CV, indicating day time telephone and/or mobile contacts clearly stating the job title of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org. Kindly note that only candidates who meet the above specifications and competencies should apply and applications should reach the undersigned not later than 2nd March, 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
All Applications should be addressed to;
The Country Human Resource & Organizational Development Manager
Plan International Zambia
Private Bag 518X
Plot 87A Kabulonga road
We provide equality of opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination on any grounds. We foster an organizational culture that embraces and exemplifies our commitment to gender equality, girls’ rights and inclusion while supporting staff to adopt good practice, positive attitudes and principles of gender equality and inclusion.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.