Internal Audit Officer (Commercial Bank)
Jobs at:Brilliance Executive Management Consultancy
Deadline of this Job:
Thursday, November 30 2023
Date Posted: Tuesday, November 21 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Job Purpose
The Internal Audit Officer working with the Manager Audit, Risk and Compliance will plan, conduct and report the results of audits and special investigations. enforcing compliance with internal regulations, recommending improvements to our internal control structure, and ensuring compliance with legal and banking centralized regulations.
Summary of Key Responsibilities:
• Work with the HOD in conducting, managing, and overseeing external and internal audits.
• Reviewing all relevant programs and activities affected by banking regulations, including records, reports, and software
• Analyzing potential risks within the company and its practices to avoid possible compliance issues
• Tracking reported Banks violations and the responses and plans regarding these allegations
• Analyzing existing compliance records and making all necessary updates
• Compiling reports on the results of external and internal audits and presenting these reports to the relevant supervisors and department heads
• Work with the Manager Audit, Risk and Compliance to prepare and review of Audit Policy and Procedure
• Establish effective accounting and risk management control for the Bank
• Review practices and records for compliance with established internal policies and procedures
• Support to review and comment on policies issued for various departments.
• Periodically visit branches to enforce compliance
• Conduct investigations of irregularities discovered by or brought to the auditor’s attention.
• Identify key risks and related controls within the audited process,
• Perform tests to assess the adequacy of controls,
• Document processes by applying narratives, process maps, and flowcharts; and perform analysis of process documentation to assess the efficiency and effectiveness of a process.
• In the absence of Manager Audit, Risk and Compliance, acs as an advisor to Senior management by developing strong knowledge and understanding of the business strategies, each of its lines of business, and the particular process or area under review.
• Prepare draft audit reports for management outlining weaknesses and significant findings and making recommendations to overcome such weaknesses.
• Perform other duties as required, consistent with the goals, objectives, and responsibilities of the internal audit department and with the approval of the Audit Committee.
Required Skills and Competencies
• Excellent communication, presentation and convincing abilities
• Excellent Analytical Skills presentation and convincing abilities
• Good English skill (speaking, listening and writing)
• Good Risk Management skills
• Attention to detail
• Efficiency in utilizing MS Office.
• Good experience in internal audit.
• Good commercial and technical comprehension
• Good detail conscious.
• Confident, assertive, trustworthy, fair judgment, high degree of integrity and initiative.
Primary Areas of Accountability:
Qualifications and Experience
• Degree in Accounting/ Finance/ Risk Management
• Full CA Zambia, ACCA/CIMA
• Must have a minimum of at least 5 -7 years progressively experience
working as an Internal Auditor or Risk and Compliance Officer for a
Commercial Bank at Senior/Middle Management
• Audit/Compliance/Risk Management working experience with the FIVE audit firms will be a plus.
• Must have In depth knowledge of Financial and Operations Audit, Strong knowledge of Standard Audit Practices
• Must be a member of IIA & ZICA
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months:
Level of Education:
Job application procedure
• Qualified Females Are Encouraged To Apply For Above Position
• If you meet the hiring requirements for the position, please email your CV
in Ms Word and Cover Letter clearly stating your salary expectations to: email@example.com & Cc firstname.lastname@example.org
• Note that, all communications will be kept in the strictest of confidence. If you do not receive communication within 21 working days of the closing date of the advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.
DO NOT SEND CERTIFICATES AT THIS STAGE
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.