Jobs at:National Heritage Conservation Commission
Deadline of this Job:
Monday, October 30 2023
Date Posted: Saturday, October 14 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Reporting to the Board through the Audit and Risk Management Committee functionally and administratively, to the Executive Director. To provide independent assurance on the Commission’s risk management, governance, and internal control system in order to ensure compliance with the relevant laws, policies, procedures and sound business practices.
1. Formulate and implements periodically, audit policies to ensure effective internal control.
2. Undertakes effectively audit and risk management assignments in order to have effective internal controls and provide intervention measures where necessary. Identifying, developing and documenting of audit issues and recommendations.
3. Undertakes timely, preparation of internal audit and risk management reports in order to facilitate decision making;
4. Prepare regularly, Annual Audit work plans and programmes in order to attain set objectives and continuously monitor implementation of the annual audit plan;
5. Prepares timely Unit budget in order to facilitate acquisition of resources;
6. Developments periodically, the work plans in order to facilitate the monitoring and evaluation of performance;
7. Evaluate the risk management frameworks of the operations of NHCC and the monitoring of compliance;
8. Oversees and conducts the auditing of accounting and financial data of various departments for the Commission;
9. Assists in developing plans to ensure the Commission’s compliance with the NHCC Act and other regulatory requirements;
10. Oversees continuous improvements projects within Finance and Accounting:
11. Oversees and conducts internal audits including operational/program audits;
12. Works with external auditors in the coordination of audit activities and programs to ensure adequate audit coverage and minimize duplicate efforts, including interactions or direct assistance during external review.
13. Develops plans to complete the Commission’s compliance with NHCC Act Section 404 and Organisations of the Treadway Commission and other regulatory requirements;
14. Assists in the design and administration of audit policies and procedure within the Commission;
15. Creates the planning and scheduling of internal audits
16. Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with business units, counterparts, and other internal customers, etc, to achieve business results;
17. Based on audits performed, recommends continuous improvement opportunities to enhance current processes and procedures;
18. Performs root cause analysis for deviations, exceptions and errors identified;
19. Fosters the Commission’s core values and culture throughout the work environment;
20. Screens, interviews and makes recommendations for hiring potential associates. Coaches and provides leadership, director, motivation and supervision of direct reports. Appraises performance, provides performance feedback, takes corrective actions and oversees training and development of staff.
21. Supervise the resources in the Department;
22. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S) in Accounting, Auditing/Accounting/ Finance/or related field or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
2. Active certification as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA).
3. At least 10 years related experience in public accounting, head of department or In-Charge level preferred.
4. Valid driver’s license
5. Knowledge of NHCC Act and Public Finance Act 2018.
Preferred Experience Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. Computer literacy is a must. Advanced skills with Microsoft Office Knowledge of applicable legislative and regulatory framework, Public Finance and Management Act, Treasury Regulations and guidelines.
3. Organisational and government structures
4. National Treasury Internal Audit Framework
5. Internal Audit concepts, framework and methodologies
6. Public Sector Risk Management Framework
7. King Report on Corporate governance
8. Framework for managing performance information, Departmental internal audit activity charter, audit and risk committee charters
9. General Recognised Accounting Standards (GRAP)
10. International Professional Practices Framework (IPPF) of the Institute of Internal Auditors (IA)
11. Planning and organizing
12. Excellent Communication (Written and Verbal)
14. Good interpersonal skills
• Ability to read, analyse, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or Boards of Commissioners.
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Able to move about the work environment. Frequently required to stand, walk, sit, talk and hear. Typically, exposed to extreme environmental conditions in field work.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 120
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
• Travel up to 50% of the time, including overnight stays.
• All Applicants Should Be Addressed and submitted to the Chairman of the Audit and Risk Management Committee through the office of the Internal Auditor- Head Office. The Closing Date 30th October, 2023.
• Only Shortlisted Candidates Will Be Contacted.
• The Chairperson Audit and Risk Management Committee
• Email: Charles.Mweshi@mot.gov.zm
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.