Junior Accountant Specialist
Jobs at:Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH
Deadline of this Job:
29 April 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, April 26, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is the implementing agency of the Federal Republic of Germany for technical and international cooperation. It offers flexible, sustainable and effective solutions in political, economic and social change processes. Most of the work of GIZ is commissioned by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ). GIZ also operates on behalf of other German ministries as well as public and private bodies in Germany and abroad. These include the European Commission, the United Nations, the World Bank and governments of other countries.
The Agriculture and Food Security Cluster is comprised of four projects, which are part of the global initiative One World – No Hunger (SEWOH): Green Innovation Centres for the Agriculture and Food Sector (GIC), Food and Nutrition Security and Enhanced Resilience (FANSER), Promotion of Agricultural Finance for Agri-based Enterprises in Rural Areas (AgFin) and Fish for Food Security (F4F). Zambia is one of many African countries in which SEWOH is being implemented. SEWOH is a BMZ special initiative addressing the two challenges hunger and malnutrition. The key objectives are to increase income, employment and eradicate hunger and malnutrition by creating access to sufficient, affordable and healthy food and to create a framework to ensure that future generations will also have sufficient, affordable and nutritious food in spite of the rapidly expanding world population. In Zambia specifically, the Agriculture and Food Security Cluster is working on increasing regional food supplies and promoting access to and better use of financial services in the project’s rural target areas in Eastern, Southern and Luapula Provinces. Two bilateral projects in the same sector and with similar target groups and objectives are also part of the Cluster.
In order to meet the cluster’s growing needs, GIZ is seeking to recruit a suitable candidate for the following position:
Junior Accounting Specialist (Lusaka based)
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Project accounting and facilitating payments at the Agriculture and Food Security Cluster Lusaka Office
• Prepare the monthly budgets for the cluster separated by projects and coordinate the request for funds.
• Management of receivables for the cluster
• Correct errors detected in the monthly error sheets and in internal controls
• Liaison with the banks and the Country Office for banking and accounting matters
• Management of Inventory for the Cluster
Other duties/additional tasks
• Performing other tasks at the request of management
Qualifications and requirements:
• Degree in Accountancy or a relevant field; alternatively holds a ZICA Technician level, ACCA
• Level 2 qualification or its equivalent.
• Must be an active member of ZICA
• At least 2-3 years’ work experience in a comparable position with references
Other knowledge, additional competences:
• Good command of English, both written and oral
• Good knowledge of the widely spoken languages in Zambia
• Sensitivity in handling and disposing of documents which may be important
• Reliability and good organisational skills
• Must be trustworthy and proactive
• Appropriate appearance and attire
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
The successful candidate will be expected to start employment with GIZ, on a fixed term with a possibility of renewal. Interested candidates must send the CV and a cover letter electronically, quoting the reference GIZ_AGR_JACS_LSK in the subject line to: firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, 29 April 2022. GIZ will only assess applications which meet the following criteria:
Cover letters must be sent using font type Arial, size 11. In the first paragraph, please outline your motivation for applying for the position. In the second paragraph, outline your experience in the position
CVs must be submitted in PDF not exceeding three (3) pages. Do not indicate your marital status, religion, Political affiliation or insert your photo.
Certificates, qualifications, etc. must not be attached to the application.
Traceable references of previous engagements must be provided.
Please note that only applicants selected for interview will be contacted. GIZ is committed to being an equal opportunities employer. Therefore, women and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.