Jobs at:Plan International Zambia
Deadline of this Job:
02 March 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, February 22, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-governmental organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it is girls who are most affected. Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries. Child protection is key in all that we do.
Working in Zambia since 1996, Plan International Zambia’s development and capacity building programmes focus primarily on Education, Health, Water and Sanitation, Economic Security and Youth Empowerment, including Child Protection and Participation. Plan International Zambia has Programme Areas (PAs) in; Central, Luapula, and Eastern Provinces including in Lusaka, where the Country Office is located
We are looking for experienced and vibrant self-starters to fill the following positions:
Management Accountant - LUSAKA COUNTRY OFFICE
The purpose of the Management Accountant position is to provide timely and reliable financial information and analysis that leads to effective decision making. Support Country budget management, financial reporting and analysis, internal financial controls, Maintenance of country finance corporate systems; supporting Internal and External audits including implementation of audit actions and financial risk management. The position will be reporting to the Head of Operations.
• Support the country Annual Budgeting process.
• Consolidate country quarterly updated budgets according to guidelines and ensure financial systems are properly updated.
• Monitor monthly foreign exchange rate movements, effects on Country Budget & Expenditure and provide appropriate recommendations to Project staff and Management
• Monitor expenditure against budget through preparation of monthly Budgets vs actual reports (Variance Analysis).
• Coordinate preparation of monthly expenditure forecasts and ensure accurate budget phasing in corporate system.
• Participate in monthly Project review meetings to discuss expenditure patterns against approved budgets.
• Provide guidance and develop appropriate tools and systems to strengthen financial controls and risk management.
• Support internal and external audits to ensure these are completed within agreed timelines and coordinate responses to audit findings and follow up on financial Audit Action List (AAL).
• Identify Key finance related risks and develop mitigation actions through risk management system.
• Promote compliance with Plan International Zambia and donor requirements and regulations in project implementation.
• Visit all Program Areas (PAs) and sample disbursements, receipts and journals to check for compliance with Plan policies and procedures.
• Manage Finance corporate systems and maintain protocols of authorisation and access levels.
• Provide/facilitate staff training in Plan International Policies and Procedures
• Conduct support visits to Program Areas to monitor projects and facilitate capacity building of field finance and program area staff.
Educational Qualifications and Experience:
• Bachelors’ Degree in Accounting, Full ACCA, CIMA or equivalent.
• A minimum of 5 years work related experience in a similar role.
• Membership with ZICA.
• Financial experience in the development sector.
• Proficiency in financial management software.
• Good understanding of statutory accounting principles
• Experience in handling project finances.
• General Accounting, Financial reporting and analysis.
• Budget formulation and management
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
• Excellent communication skills
• Strong team player, motivational skills, strong negotiating and influencing skills.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
To apply, kindly send through your application letter, copies of NRC, Qualifications and CV, indicating day time telephone and/or mobile contacts clearly stating the job title of interest to email@example.com. Kindly note that only candidates who meet the above specifications and competencies should apply and applications should reach the undersigned not later than 2nd March, 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
All Applications should be addressed to;
The Country Human Resource & Organizational Development Manager
Plan International Zambia
Private Bag 518X
Plot 87A Kabulonga road
We provide equality of opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination on any grounds. We foster an organizational culture that embraces and exemplifies our commitment to gender equality, girls’ rights and inclusion while supporting staff to adopt good practice, positive attitudes and principles of gender equality and inclusion.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.