Jobs at:Lumwana Mining Company Limited
Deadline of this Job:
10 February 2022
Date Posted: Friday, February 04, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Reporting to: Financial Controller
Lumwana Mining Company Limited (LMC), a copper mining company owned by Barrick Gold Corporation is situated in the North Western region of Zambia, some 300 km west of the Zambian Copperbelt and 95 km south west of the provincial capital of Solwezi. The mine is a multi-pit, multi staged operation mining approximately 100MT of ore and waste per annum and producing copper concentrates containing an average of 120,000 tonnes of copper metal per year over a twenty (20) year mine life, making Lumwana the largest single open cut copper mine in Africa. The Company is now looking for an experienced and qualified individual to be considered for the position of Management Accountant.
Reporting to the Financial Controller, your duties will include but not limited to the following;
• Strong focus on financial modelling and budgets (key requirement in position)
• Monthly cost reporting and review (strong focus on cost review and cost management reporting)
• Full accounting function for corporate entities
• Perform month-end and year-end close processes
• Ensure monthly GL and bank reconciliations are completed on time and are accurate
• Site budget process and quarterly forecasting (lead in the monthly forecasting of rolling plan)
• Ensure management of intercompany accounts, including posting and payment
• Ensure treasury investment interest and balances are processed on time and are accurate as well as providing analysis on balances for review
• Prepare annual financial statements for Statutory entities
Experience & Qualifications
• Professional Qualification such as ACCA / CIMA
• Bcom in Accounting
• Honours degree will be an added advantage
• Member of Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountants.
• Minimum of 5 years post graduate experience with preferably 3 years in mining in a similar commercial / accounting role.
• Sound understanding and experience of the principles and practice in accounting and management.
• Proficient in SAP S4 Hannah (would be beneficial) and Microsoft office suite applications (highly proficient in excel as key requirement in financial modelling) will be an added advantage
• Proven ability to deliver results and act as a change agent.
• Experience in managing costs and budgeting
Zambian Nationals who meet requirements for this position and are resident in Zambia are strongly encouraged to apply
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
If you meet the requirements, submit your online application by clicking ‘APPLY NOW’.
Applicants may be subjected to any of the following: a Security and / or Police Clearance Check; a Competence Assessment, Qualifications, Credit and Reference Checks.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.