Jobs at:Mabiza Resources Limited
Deadline of this Job:
28 December 2021
Date Posted: Monday, December 27, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Mabiza Resources Limited (“Mabiza”) operates the Munali Nickel Mine (“Munali”), which is located in the Mazabuka District, 80kms south of Lusaka, Zambia. Mabiza is a wholly owned entity of Consolidated Nickel Mines Ltd.
The Mine is a modern, world class facility with fully mechanized underground operations. To support this vision. Mabiza is seeking the services of an experienced and qualified individual to take up the position of:
Role: Payroll/Treasury Accountant
Reporting: Senior Financial Accountant
To monitor and control the payroll section in order to provide an end-to-end payroll service to the Company in line with statutory requirements and industry best practices, ensure that all the Accounting records are kept accurate with correct postings and reconciled bank accounts.
• To manage flow of petty cash and maintain accountability.
• To process payment to employees.
• Be responsible for all Treasury activities management
• Monitoring compliance to safety, health and environmental requirements in a workplace.
• Applying safety, health and environmental principles and procedures in a workplace
• Capture of entries into cashbook and posting suppliers and employees’ payments
• Daily preparation of cashbook outlining the receipts and payments and the funds available
• Administration of documents required to facilitate payments
• Organising proof of payments
• Petty cash management
• Attending to payment queries
• Negotiation of exchange rates with banks, evaluate and choose the best rate at which the foreign exchange should be transacted.
• Capture new employee data on Payroll platform
• Process terminations and pay any moneys owed or due
• Calculate and capture allowances and deductions
• Compute terminal pay for employees leaving the company
• Run, compile and submit payroll reports and payroll files to Financial Controller
• Prepare CSV/text files payment of salaries and upload onto Barclays online
• Ensure PAYE, NHIMA and NAPSA is calculated as per statutory requirements
• Ensure PAYE, NHIMA and NAPSA Files are filed online by the required deadlines
• Ensure PAYE, NHIMA and NAPSA are paid before deadline
• Attend to all PAYE, NHIMA and NAPSA queries from the authorities
• Support Internal and external audit compliance
• Coordinate Payroll Audit
• Responsible for responding to periodic audits of payroll data and processes
• Reconcile all payroll creditors and prepare third party payments
• Upload Third party payment onto Barclays online system for payment
• Ensure payments are made timeously
• To reconcile all the bank accounts for the company
• To ensure proper documentation is kept for all accounting transactions
• Attend to external Auditors
• Over see the fixed asset register
Skills & Qualifications: –
• Grade 12 School Certificate
• Diploma in Accountancy and studying Part 3 of ACCA/CIMA or CA Zambia.
• Membership with Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountants (ZICA).
• At least 3 – 5 years’ experience in a related role, of which 3 should have been at a supervisory level or experience in a functional/specialist area.
• Understanding of Law and Government regulations.
• Computers and electronics skills
• Generating information and reports for internal and external use
• Full understanding of accounting standards ( IFRS, IAS)
• Understanding Zambian tax laws is key.
• Self-starter and initiative
• Participate in month end closure, ensuring that all the journals are passed, and balance sheet reconciliation done.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure
MRL offers equal employment opportunity. If you are ready to take up this opportunity, e-mail or post your CV with a full application letter. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please apply to
Human Resources Business Partner
Mabiza Resources Limited
Or email your application and C.V. to: email@example.com
Closing Date: 28th December 2021
NOTE: Anyone who is looking for a job should not engage in any monetary transactions with any source that promises them an interview or a job offer from an employer.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.