Project Assistant Accountant
Jobs at:Zambia Red Cross Society
Deadline of this Job:
24 April 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, April 21, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Zambia Red Cross Society (ZRCS) is a Humanitarian Organization established in 1966 by an Act of Parliament CAP 307 of the laws of Zambia as an auxiliary institution that augments government efforts in humanitarian assistance. ZRCS is part of the International Red Cross movement known as International Federation of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC). In line with its mandate, ZRCS works with various actors in collaboration with Government of Zambia in responding to both man-made and natural disasters. Zambia Red Cross Society is implementing an ECHO project which is a new model for humanitarian action tarred towards supporting local communities to prepare for, respond to, and recover from disasters subsequently protecting communities and helping them withstand future shocks, in order to effectively implement this project ZRCS hereby invites applications from dynamic, qualified and experienced individuals to fill the position of PROJECT ASSISTANT ACCOUNTANT
Position: Project Assistant Accountant
Reporting to: Finance Manager
Workplace: – Based in Lusaka at ZRCS HQ Offices
• 1-year fixed term Contract with possibility for extension contingent on satisfactory performance and funding
Expected Date of Deployment: May 2022
The Project Assistant Accountant shall report to Finance Manager. He/She will provide financial support and will be responsible for budget tracking and control, thorough verify all documents and expenditure pertaining to the project, booking of complete documents in the accounting system, bank reconciliation for the project, preparation of donor financial reports on monthly basis
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting or a related field, obtained from a recognized institution.
• Diploma in accountancy, full AAT, Natech, ACCA/CIMA Level II or equivalent, plus five (5) years’ experience in accounting, particularly in donor/grant-funded institutions.
• Significant experience to one or more computerized accounting packages, preferably ACCPAC, or Pastel Partner, Pastel Evolution.
Desired Competencies and Skills:
• Good analytical skills and ability to pay attention to detail
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Excellent knowledge of accounting packages (e.g Pastel partner, Pastel Evolution)
• Computer proficient in word processing, spreadsheets, presentation tools, electronic mail software
• Strong organizational skills
• Strong numeracy skills
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
To apply, kindly click this link.
Submission of applications closes on 24th April 2022. No late submissions shall be accepted.
Zambia red cross society is an equal opportunity employer
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.